+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eddie - Top Design 2

FORT Fanatic

Re: Eddie - Top Design 2

I did not care for Eddie's outfit at all the last night. Blue jeans with a bow tie - shudder.

I thought Jeff's comments about Eddie's room were unnecessarily nasty. You can disagree without being that rude, Jeff.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3225215;
    Eddie's "I work for Martha", "I've been on Martha's plane", "I've been to Martha's house" raving this week really did get on my nerves...
    Eddie: we KNOW you work for Martha Stewart (that's probably where you got your granny style)... please just focus on the design challenge and stop talking about Martha okay?
    If you're as good as you say you are, why are you bothering to be on this show? It seems like you think these challenges are all beneath you. It's just not very appealing/endearing. Sorry.
    Jonathan, in his blog, commented on Eddies self aggrandizing. He was very put off by it, Margaret, too.

FORT Fogey

I watched the last episode for the first time today.

I've been on the love/hate rolller coaster ride with regards to Eddie, but I have finished his run on the show on the loving side of him. For whatever reason, I can get past all his "Martha this" and "Martha that" and his Preston distaste (and I like Preston a great deal). Not sure why, but it all seems so small relative to his much larger persona.

I didn't always, but now I'm in agreement with Ondine that "Eddie is sort of fabulous".

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3227179;
    I watched the last episode for the first time today.

I've been on the love/hate rolller coaster ride with regards to Eddie, but I have finished his run on the show on the loving side of him. For whatever reason, I can get past all his "Martha this" and "Martha that" and his Preston distaste (and I like Preston a great deal). Not sure why, but it all seems so small relative to his much larger persona.

I didn't always, but now I'm in agreement with Ondine that "Eddie is sort of fabulous".
    Yeah, I feel this way too. He has been catty and self aggrandizing and that is just part of the package of Eddie. He is also witty. His friends probably appreciate this. Outrageous people make exciting, fun friends.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3226464;
    I did not care for Eddie's outfit at all the last night. Blue jeans with a bow tie - shudder.

I thought Jeff's comments about Eddie's room were unnecessarily nasty. You can disagree without being that rude, Jeff.
    Ummm...no I don't think that Jeff can, actually.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

FORT Fogey

The roller coaster of Eddie has safely deposited me at the bottom of the spectrum of my range with him. My range has always been in the middle of this ride, so the finale leaves me just no longer amused.

I kind of liked him. Did I like his design aesthetics? Heck no since I do think he skews towards a much older and frumpier client but I can appreciate that he does have talent. I also just thought he was funny, in a very dry way, and read all that Martha name dropping and the attitude as him being very insecure and was just propping himself up. *shrugs*

Also the fact that apparently the other designers (some of them at least lol) seemed to truly like him why almost none of them liked Preston? Hmmm....again...very telling.

Either way, I didn't have any major problems with him and thought the season would have been very boring without his drama and antics thrown in.

I did think that the guest judge continually pointing out how awful his outfit was... well it was out of line and uncalled for... what does his outfit have to do with anything? That judge was just plain rude and nasty and I muted him as much as I could. I'll never watch anything of his if that nastiness he showed was any indication of his personality.

Finally, I think his exit interview was heavily edited to paint him in the worst light possible. Again, the simple fact that so many of the designers seemed to really like him is more telling. Who knows, right? Editing is such a tricky thing to decipher.

I thought Eddie was a lot like Kenley. I don't think he learned a thing while on Top Design, much as I don't think Kenley learned much on PR. He routinely rejected any criticism of his work, and believed that anyone who did not think he was wonderful obviously had poor taste or didn't know what they were talking about.

He also behaved like a 10 year old girl in his formation of in and out groups. He was obviously king of the in group, gathering his troops around him to actively maintain Preston's unwelcome outsider status.

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3230203;
    I thought Eddie was a lot like Kenley. I don't think he learned a thing while on Top Design, much as I don't think Kenley learned much on PR. He routinely rejected any criticism of his work, and believed that anyone who did not think he was wonderful obviously had poor taste or didn't know what they were talking about.
    I hadn't thought about it that way before, but that's a really good comparison, brierpatch!

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch View Post
    He also behaved like a 10 year old girl in his formation of in and out groups. He was obviously king of the in group, gathering his troops around him to actively maintain Preston's unwelcome outsider status.
    Yep, he was like those mean girls in high school...you know, the ones who thought they were "too cool for school" and looked down on (and cut down) other people to make themselves feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3230352;
    Yep, he was like those mean girls in high school...you know, the ones who thought they were "too cool for school" and looked down on (and cut down) other people to make themselves feel good.
    Exactly. And like those mean girls in high school, I don't think that people really liked him more than Preston. They were just afraid of him and that he wouldn't like them if they liked Preston. I don't recall anyone else saying they didn't like Preston but Eddie (correct me if I'm wrong because it's entirely possible). Like most sheep, if the head mean girl picks on a specific person they all pick on them just to be cool. It's really stupid but that's what happens. It doesn't stop after high school. This is coming from the person who was picked on by the mean girls for all 12 years and a bit in the workplace as an adult as well so I've observed this a lot.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast