+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eddie - Top Design 2

Re: Eddie - Top Design 2

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3222866;
    My mom made the comment after watching the show that he probably won't be working for the best for too much longer and I agree. I imagine that there's only room enough for Martha's ego at that company.
    Don't know about that. I've always thought its in your best interests to be like Martha, if you're gonna' work for her.

I don't think Martha cares if an employee is nice, she wants them good.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

FORT Fanatic

I'm getting really tired of Eddie's attitude. Did you know he works for Martha Stewart? If not, just wait 60 seconds, and he'll tell you again. It would be interesting to know what Martha thinks of him - does she admire his aggressive attitude or not? She didn't get to where she is being a shrinking violet. Maybe she likes that kind of attitude in her staff.

I think Eddie is a creep in so many ways.

FORT Fogey

Martha is a big corporation and Eddie has no power to bring any discord. He is a blip on her screen. No biggie. He says he is the senior stylist for her mag now. As long as he produces what she wants he is secure, when not, he goes. Simple If she thinks his display does not serve her, he is gone. If she likes the mention she gets, he will stay. A very close friend of mine is a set stylist and has worked on Martha's sets. She is a raving irrational bitch and my friend walked off her second gig. This woman is impossible to read.
    Last edited by shoepie; 10-26-2008 at 08:33 PM.

Who is John Galt?

Eddie is annoying in so many ways. He despises Preston - why? We haven't seen any interaction whatsoever between them, and no one else seems to dislike Preston. Eddie said something like "Preston doesn't swim in the same pool as the rest of us". What does that mean? I get the sense that Preston may very possibly be straight and that doesn't sit well with the gay guys (altho why that would be so is beyond me). Preston designs in a very masculine style that evidently the judges like. That, of course, may be why Eddie dislikes him so - because he is winning some of the latest projects and Eddie hasn't been impressing them. But, he doesn't seem to mind when Nathan wins. Interesting . . But that being said, Eddie seems very impressed with himself and his abilities and feels he has to keep remining us how wonderful he is. Of course, the more he brags the more he turns me off. I think he is feeling very insecure and has to puff himself up to compensate.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3223495;
    A very close friend of mine is a set stylist and has worked on Martha's sets. She is a raving irrational bitch and my friend walked off her second gig. This woman is impossible to read.
    Martha or your friend? I'm sure you mean Martha, but I thought I better double check.

I've heard Martha was a loon and NOT at all nice to work for (putting it mildly). I imagine that one would have to be durable and only out for numero uno to work for her.

That is Eddie. Plus, he is a good designer and he does have Martha's taste. I'll bet he fits in perfectly with Martha's crew.

Personally, I don't think Martha cares about Eddie's personality so long as demonstrates his skill as a designer. It will be interesting to see how this all ends.

FORT Fogey

On page 84 of the new Domino magazine Eddie has a spread of a room he styled. hmmmmmmm Why choose Eddie unless he won? He already has an arena to showcase his talent in Martha's magazine where he is senior style director.

As far as Preston being gay or not. I don't think anyone figures that out at his age. Most homosexuals report always knowing. Now whether he is reluctant to come out is another story. Hard to believe he would closet himself in a career where it is not only accepted but may be an asset.

Eddie made a comment "a gay has to do what a gay has to do" when he asigned Preston last choice with the chandelier or some challenge, I forget. I don't think that had anything to do with Preston's sexuality. I don't think Preston is well liked because of his personality. He is quiet so probably doesn't put himself out there when they are in the apartment or is particularly congenial in general.

FORT Fogey

His 3 page spread begins on page 83. Bravo and Domino are probably affiliated in some way because Kelly was on the cover last month. It could be a contractual item that the winner or any contestant may be used in Domino. It says he is a contestant on Top Design and there is no mention of Martha other than his recomendation for her ham sold at Costco.

Just a reminder: Keep all comments aimed at the show and the designers, not at fellow FORTers.

Carry on!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-29-2008 at 03:20 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Eddie's "I work for Martha", "I've been on Martha's plane", "I've been to Martha's house" raving this week really did get on my nerves...
    Eddie: we KNOW you work for Martha Stewart (that's probably where you got your granny style)... please just focus on the design challenge and stop talking about Martha okay?
    If you're as good as you say you are, why are you bothering to be on this show? It seems like you think these challenges are all beneath you. It's just not very appealing/endearing. Sorry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast