+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eddie - Top Design 2

FORT Fogey

Re: Eddie - Top Design 2

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3220948;
    But, I think in the voiceovers for this week's show, the announcer does say, "Someone quits the show"...
    Thanks, I missed that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3220834;
    Eddie is overqualified for this show.
    I would have agreed if this were last season. For this season, however, I don't think Eddie is overqualified. The vast majority of S2 contestants have well established careers, and many of those own their own companies.

In fact, the only two that didn't already have something permanent and successful lined up are the boy who got kicked off the first episode and Wisit. Everyone else is a Department Head (Natalie), employed by the best (Eddie, Ondine, Nathan), married to a rich hollywood actor (Andrea), or owns their own company (everyone else).

I think the playing field is fairly even this season.

Sidenote: Given her limited years of experience, Natalie should be proud to have made it as far as she did. She is in good company.

I'm a little behind, so I just saw episode six, where they did the green designs - didn't Nathan have the idea to put the carpet on the wall? And didn't Eddie take credit for it? Or at least not give Nathan credit when asked what he comtributed? I think that was pretty bad since it seemed obvious that Eddie had not thought of that on his own and that was one of the things the judges really liked.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3221187;
    I would have agreed if this were last season. For this season, however, I don't think Eddie is overqualified. The vast majority of S2 contestants have well established careers, and many of those own their own companies.

In fact, the only two that didn't already have something permanent and successful lined up are the boy who got kicked off the first episode and Wisit. Everyone else is a Department Head (Natalie), employed by the best (Eddie, Ondine, Nathan), married to a rich hollywood actor (Andrea), or owns their own company (everyone else).

I think the playing field is fairly even this season.

Sidenote: Given her limited years of experience, Natalie should be proud to have made it as far as she did. She is in good company.
    I went back and read the bio's of those remaining. Yes, they do have their own businesses or work for a design firm but we really don't know how successful they are. A splasy website means they hired a good web designer, for instance.

I ordered something from a very slick website a few months ago. I had reason to call them. The guy answered the phone and forgot to say the business name, he just said hello! When I asked to add something to my order he said he thought he had one but had to go out into the garage to see, did I want to hold? When he returned I questioned how he could have the inventory of his site in his garage. He kept some small items to ship from home but the rest was sent to me directly from his supplier. It was clearly a very small operation.

A friend of mine owns his own company; he has one employee! I think the bio's are pumped up a bit.

I still think Eddie is more successful than the others given his high profile position. I have a hunch these contestants would love to work for Martha, HGTV or get noticed by some fancy people.

I went back and watched the promo for tonight. It appears India is looking at Andrea, who is farther to the left. She has been talking about missing her kids and husband. She is the least qualified of these contestants and over her head, by her own admission. I now believe that she is the one, either leaving or thinking about it.

Last edited by shoepie; 10-22-2008 at 06:11 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3218656;
    I liked him, then I didn't and now I kinda do.
    ....and now I kinda don't.

What a pompous, arrogant little a**hole this guy has turned out to be. It's too bad he had immunity last night; I would have loved to see him get the heave-ho after being so smug through the whole show...

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

He was more pompous than usual last night.

Eye rolling and snickering is sooooooo seventh grade. Of course, he makes his snide little remarks to the camera and doesn't ever really say what he's thinking when talking to the other contestants about their designs.

Would guess he doesn't have the co-ho-nays to say it to their faces . . . . but perhaps Martha took those when he signed on to work for her.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

I'm really starting to hate Eddie, and I rarely say I hate anything. He's a mean shallow snob. I'm pretty sure that He's the one Jeff is talking about when he says "did you see how he was dressed?" Probably the same stained white T-shirt with the holes in the front he's worn the last couple of weeks.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3222070;
    ....and now I kinda don't.
    Hah! You make me laugh. I'm kind of the liking him side of the equation this episode. He showed loyalty to his employer and was very congratulatory to Preston.

Yes, he's an egomaniac, but he doesn't blame anything on anyone. I don't know. I'm kind of liking him at this point.
    Last edited by Jexter; 10-24-2008 at 03:35 AM.

My mom made the comment after watching the show that he probably won't be working for the best for too much longer and I agree. I imagine that there's only room enough for Martha's ego at that company.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast