+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eddie - Top Design 2

Re: Eddie - Top Design 2

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3216144;
    Like others have said, Eddie is talented. Unfortunately, his arrogance may get him into trouble. People won't hire you if you're a jerk. Ultimately, if you want to work as a designer - which means catering to people and not the other way around - you have to be NICE and accommodating to people, who sometimes make unreasonable demands. Eddie would be fired in a second if he rolled out that diva attitude with a high-paying client.
    But remember who he's working for? "the best" He's only behaving how he was trained. (No I can't stand him either, but I understand where the attitude is coming from.)

I liked him at first, but the last couple of weeks have definitely changed my mind. He needs to get over himself, and fast.

He's a jerk.

FORT Fogey

I liked him, then I didn't and now I kinda do.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3218656;
    I liked him, then I didn't and now I kinda do.
    Seriously! I just signed on and was going to say the same thing!

He was dignified and congratulatory of Preston's win and sad for Natalie's loss. He's extremely hyper and doesn't have a filter, but he's not mean or petty, and stands up for himself and doesn't make apologies.

I like people who don't make apologies. They just are who they are.

But now and I exhibiting a double standard? Do I cut men more slack than women? 'Cause Kenley from Project Runway is similar, but it's so much more difficult to swallow with her than Eddie.

Maybe the difference is that Eddie doesn't seem to twist things around and put things on the backs of other people the way Kenley does. Or does he?

Either way, I'm kind of liking Eddie this week - and Kenley sucked me in last week. Maybe it's just me.

FORT Fogey

Too funny Jexter! I find myself agreeing with you a lot. One thing that turned me around with Eddie was his response to Adler telling his room was 'grandma gone wild'. He said: Is that a vide?! Great response. He is not appearing to be defensive with the tag of grandma and that says a lot.

Based on the previews for the next episode,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm wondering if Eddie is the one who quits the show. He's already got that "I already work for the best" vibe, and I think it's his voice that says, "I'm over the judges" in the previews for the episode. Plus, I think it might be him based on where he's standing for elimination and the direction in which Jonathan looks when he says, "You're a grown person. You can leave."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3220340;
    Based on the previews for the next episode,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm wondering if Eddie is the one who quits the show. He's already got that "I already work for the best" vibe, and I think it's his voice that says, "I'm over the judges" in the previews for the episode. Plus, I think it might be him based on where he's standing for elimination and the direction in which Jonathan looks when he says, "You're a grown person. You can leave."

You can tell this show is really taking a toll on the remaining contestants. They look wiped out.

I imagine that between rapid pace+minimal sleep and the fact that they all have established, successful careers, the value of this show may not be as great as they initially thought.

To be sleep-deprived, stressed, and harshly critiqued by the judges doesn't seem like a real fun experience. Plus, I think going on a show like this may have significant professional risk - esp. if the judges don't care for you (I've got Natalie in mind).

I think Ondine and Andrea seem to be suffering the most. I think Andrea will stick it out. She doesn't seem like a quitter. And while I like and respect Ondine a great deal, I'm sensing that she is not feeling that the effort is worth it.

I think she will be the one we see leaving the show. I'm always wrong about these kinds of things, though.
    Last edited by Jexter; 10-20-2008 at 06:25 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3220413;
    You can tell this show is really taking a toll on the remaining contestants. They look wiped out.

I imagine that between rapid pace+minimal sleep and the fact that they all have established, successful careers, the value of this show may not be as great as they initially thought.

To be sleep-deprived, stressed, and harshly critiqued by the judges doesn't seem like a real fun experience. Plus, I think going on a show like this may have significant professional risk - esp. if the judges don't care for you (I've got Natalie in mind).

I think Ondine and Andrea seem to be suffering the most. I think Andrea will stick it out. She doesn't seem like a quitter. And while I like and respect Ondine a great deal, I'm sensing that she is not feeling that the effort is worth it.

I think she will be the one we see leaving the show. I'm always wrong about these kinds of things, though.
    Eddie is overqualified for this show. He has the kind of high profile job most in the industry seek. If he won, it would be a nice feather in his already decorated hat. If he lost it could cause some damage. It would certainly put him in the uncomfortable position of defending himself.

He thought he could win challenges because of his talent but, conversely, he is missing the win because of it. The flower arrangement quiz was a good example. It was stunning; judges thought so too, but were not willing to hand him the win because he was in his element. I thought that odd.

They all come with some specific talents. Nathan and Preston's creativity is more in line with the judges tastes. The judges are looking for edgy, modern design and that is not Eddie.

He is has the courage to walk away because he "already works for the best" and has nothing to lose.

Though the others have some measure of success in their careers, they need more exposure. Any of them would leave defeated and I don't see that happening.

Having said this, we don't know if someone quits; we know someone considered it.

Since Jonathan's head was turned toward Eddie's position on the stage it seems likely he is in the bottom two and feeling frustrated and annoyed with either the challenge itself or the judges inability to cue into his style and reward it.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3220834;
    Having said this, we don't know if someone quits; we know someone considered it.
    But, I think in the voiceovers for this week's show, the announcer does say, "Someone quits the show"...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast