+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Andrea - Top Design 2

Re: Andrea - Top Design 2

Quote Originally Posted by naomibanks;3220702;
    I wonder if it is Andrea who will quit. The show makes it seem like the pressure might be getting to her.

FYI on the dress. Gorgeous dress, but not for her. I think the yellow color doesn't work with her coloring and the hair was wrong. It should have been back and simpler. I think the dress in a deeper/darker color would have worked.
    I still think that for some reason, it'll be Eddie that quits the show...

Regarding the dress, yellow is such a hard color to wear, and you're right, Naomibanks...that dress doesn't work all that well with her coloring. It's a gorgeous dress, for sure, but for Andrea, it would have worked better if it was a darker color--maybe black, a deep purple, a dark red, or something similar...

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Agree that Andrea seems to be the one who is missing "home" the most.

Would be very surprised if it was Preston or Eddie who wanted to leave. As for the others, it could go either way, but my money is on Mrs Schroder returning to her brood.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

What a sweet woman. She tried to make a go of something she felt gnawing inside as she tended to her family. Good for her. In the end it seems a decision has been made. She does being a mother best and adores her husband. She wants to be just who she has always been. That is what I took away from it.

FORT Fanatic

I feel if a contestant says they want to leave, the judges should send them home immediately. This happened about a year ago when the food network had a next star of the food network show or something. A contestant thought she was being voted off that night and volunteered to leave. When she learned she was not on the chopping block (no pun intended), she retracted that statement and someone else left that night. She was voted off later on but when a contestant was disqualified because of lies on his application, she was brought back and eventually won the contest. She got the standard short-run series but then declined to continue because of her family.

FORT Fogey

In the commercials, I thought it was Ondine standing to the left, so I thought for sure it was her.

Anyway, I would have been bummed if Andrea decided to stay at Ondine's expense. She did the right thing.

I will say that I really admire Andrea. She is a really humble, honest, and upstanding individual, i.e. an all around good person. And, I give her a lot of credit for going on the show to begin with. She must be doing something right to make it and remain as long as she did.

Also, I wonder if the the criticisms of the judges could be delivered in a different way, i.e. in a way that would be helpful to Andrea who was clearly wanting to learn. She felt like she peaked and that she didn't know what else to do. I think the judges could have given her (and the others) a better idea of what to do if they thought about it. For example, instead of saying the vase was reminiscent of the 80's, maybe they could talk about why, e.g. shape, color, etc.
    Last edited by Jexter; 10-23-2008 at 02:05 PM.

Jexter, unfortunately I get the sense the judges are about as empathetic towards their fellow man/woman as a jellyfish would be. Kelly, Margaret, Jonathan... could you see any one of them even consider mussing their hair to show the tiniest bit of care or concern?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by corprip;3224064;
    Jexter, unfortunately I get the sense the judges are about as empathetic towards their fellow man/woman as a jellyfish would be. Kelly, Margaret, Jonathan... could you see any one of them even consider mussing their hair to show the tiniest bit of care or concern?
    'tis true. They are tough as nails.

FORT Fogey

Andrea was out of her league. She came there to learn, as she stated a couple of times, but this contest is to showcase what they already know. It is not a learning experience, by design, though one always learns as life moves forward.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345