+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Andrea - Top Design 2

FORT Fogey

Re: Andrea - Top Design 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3201349;
    I agree with the judges. Her color choice for the window display was perfection. I think she'll be on the show for awhile.
    Daniel requested that color. She and Preston did a fabulous job creating his vision though.

I enjoyed seeing her wear Daniel's yellow dress on the Emmy red carpet last night. I think it was the same dress, it was the same color, and she said Daniel designed it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3202711;
    I enjoyed seeing her wear Daniel's yellow dress on the Emmy red carpet last night. I think it was the same dress, it was the same color, and she said Daniel designed it.
    Darn! I would love to have seen that. I googled and didn't find anything. I'd love to see the dress upclose (with or without Andrea; although I do like her)

I google "red carpet andrea daniel" and came up some photos. It is the same dress, and it looked better on the manequin.

Emmy red carpet: 'Project Runway' alum dresses 'Top Design' contestant - Celebrities - NJ.com

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3203514;
    I google "red carpet andrea daniel" and came up some photos. It is the same dress, and it looked better on the manequin.
    My opinion of Andrea aside, I also think that dress looked better in the window. I cannot figure out why I don't like it on an actual person....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3203514;

Emmy red carpet: 'Project Runway' alum dresses 'Top Design' contestant - Celebrities - NJ.com
    Thanks for sharing!

I love the dress - and I think Andrea is great too - but the two together don't go well.

I hate to say it, but I think the dress is too young for her.

FORT Fogey

A throaty chuckle escaped my lips when reading the text under her pic in the yellow dress. She was identifed as Rick Schroders wife! You have to wonder, if she NEVER mentioned her husband would they even know? So much for her efforts of getting out from under his, apparently, huge shadow.

I actually think she looked lovely in the dress. I don't love the cut-outs... but I like the color and think it fit her very well.

Did any of you see Lisa Rinna interview them on TVGuides pre-Emmy show?

It was funny but sweet... Lisa spoke mainly to Ricky - discussing his 30 years in the business and his latest movie. Lisa didn't even acknowledge Andrea or ask Andrea "who" she was wearing. Then as Lisa started to dismiss them Ricky gently cut her off to introduce his wife and then nudged Andrea and said "Tell her what you're doing hon." Andrea then spoke up and mentioned she was on this season of Top Design and was wearing a Daniel Franco gown. While it was all a little awkward, I thought it showed that Ricky is clearly proud of his wife.

Andrea can't be all that bad for Ricky to love her so...

That's exactly what happened. Andrea was there with her husband who clearly belongs at an Emmy Awards show, not as a reality show contestant. He was the one who brought up her appearance on Project Runway; she never said a word until he brought it up and then only to acknowledge who designed her dress. I like her and think she has a lot more talent than several of the other contestants. She also acknowledges that she doesn't know everything.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I wonder if it is Andrea who will quit. The show makes it seem like the pressure might be getting to her.

FYI on the dress. Gorgeous dress, but not for her. I think the yellow color doesn't work with her coloring and the hair was wrong. It should have been back and simpler. I think the dress in a deeper/darker color would have worked.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast