+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Andrea - Top Design 2

FORT Fogey

Re: Andrea - Top Design 2

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3192504;
    I think you have misunderstood. No one is saying she should not be given a chance. We just said it was odd to display a pic of her husband when she said she didn't want anyone to know. Nothing more than that. Not really worthy of lengthy debate, just an observation.
    No. You misunderstood me.

My post was in response to sentiments like this:

Just for that, I hope that she gets voted out in the first episode. I'm sure there were more deserving soon-to-be-found talents who could really use the help more than she could. Andrea can ride Rick's famous coattails to make a name for herself.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3193945;
    No. You misunderstood me.

My post was in response to sentiments like this:
    Ah yes. I see that now.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Okay, we get it! Andrea is married to Rick Schroder.

One verbal mention and two views of their snuggly picture in one episode is ENOUGH! Let's move it along people.

If it REALLY isn't an issue, then WHY all the references?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Clearly she has been told by the producers to play up her relationship. It could not have been more obvious and it looked to me as if she were not completely comfortable with it but was obeying instructions. If she stays around, I'll wager that Rick makes an appearance at some point. I did think she and Eddie deserved the win. I'd live in that bunker.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Okay, yet another mention that she's Mrs. Rick Schroder (granted, it was in a voice over and may have been edited to seem as if it was a new mention of it). If it was really important to do this on her own, why didn't she use her maiden name? Why go on a TV show, why not just apply for a job in a design firm, or start your own? Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom;3196414;
    Okay, yet another mention that she's Mrs. Rick Schroder (granted, it was in a voice over and may have been edited to seem as if it was a new mention of it). If it was really important to do this on her own, why didn't she use her maiden name? Why go on a TV show, why not just apply for a job in a design firm, or start your own? Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.
    I got the feeling production was just drooling waiting for her to mention the words Rick Schroder. Then they will be playing the clip over and over all season. I'd be willing to bet that she wanted to do this on her own and is going to be upset that they are making it a focal point.
    "If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans" - Van Zant

She ain't getting a great edit, that's for sure.

Besides the repeated loops with "I'm married to Rick(eeeeee!) Schroeder", we've also gotten major bitch/snoot-face expressions from her two weeks in a row. They've picked all these moment with her looking like she's smelling something bad.

Even their/her attempt to show "she's there to learn" came off as a bit snooty, because it was like "Oh, I had a talent vacuum in Week 1 but now I'm with Mr. Martha Stewart, so I'm dandy!" Even if that was perfectly true, it didn't come off as all that gracious.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Wow. I thought she was very humble last week. She was further along than the members of her team in the first challenge and she is not as far along as her teammate in last week's challenge. She recognized her standing in both competitions and dealt with them accordingy. I have no issues with Andrea. She seems authentic in her reasons for being on the show and objective in assessing her own skill level.
    Last edited by Jexter; 09-16-2008 at 03:03 AM.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to how many Rick references we'll have tonight? Might be worthy of coining a new term if Andrea stays on the show for awhile. Rickferences, perhaps?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

I agree with the judges. Her color choice for the window display was perfection. I think she'll be on the show for awhile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast