+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Andrea - Top Design 2

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Andrea - Top Design 2

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3190019;
    If she was really trying to use her husband's connections to further her career, she would have bypassed this show and tried to go it on her own. .

Perhaps she did . . . . . without the results she was hoping for
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3190116;
    Perhaps she did . . . . . without the results she was hoping for
    Good point. It is early yet but if her personality is as sour as we as we have seen so far she may not be able to get a career going even with exposure here.

FORT Fogey

Kudos to her for taking such a huge and very public risk. She seems genuine in her desire to pursue a "name of her own". She and Rick have been together since she was 18. If she wanted to use his name to gain for herself, she had lots of time to do it before now.

And, she's not the only designer there who is already somewhat established. Just because she's married to Ricky Schroeder doesn't mean she shouldn't be given a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3189814;
    I like Andrea, too. There are people who are automatically biased against her because her husband is a successful actor, but she's designed interiors for many homes, has raised her children, and now wants to branch out with her own career. A good many of the other contestants are well established in the field, probably more so than she. And how dreadful that she wants a photo of her husband of 20 yearsto keep with her while she does this show.

Rick Schroder was a child star of a tv show called Silver Spoons. He grew to be quite a good adult actor, most notably in the Lonesome Dove films. I think he's been a regular on one of the Law and Orders or CSI's. We never heard of him getting into trouble as he grew up or as a young adult -- no drugs, no arrests, no outrageous partying -- and he apparently married young and stayed married.
    Actually, he was born in 1970 which makes him only 38 and they got married in 1992 so they've only been married for 16 years, not 20 and therefore their children are not old enough to be "raised".

Otherwise, I agree with everything else in your post

ETA: You could totally tell it was Rick Schroder in the picture because it wasn't just the back of his head, you could see the whole right side of his face.
    Last edited by stacerace; 09-06-2008 at 02:51 AM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I like her and felt bad for her because of the team she was saddled with, the guy who spent all his time trying to prove he was artsy and the girl who couldn't remember to turn water off.

I do feel she made an error in judgment when she didn't admit that was Ricky. She could have simply said "Yes, my husband is Ricky Schroeder but I want to make it on my own merit so I went on this show." Or something like that. Instead? It will come out eventually and they will have even more reason to hate her (besides what appears to be a polarizing personality).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3191010;
    Kudos to her for taking such a huge and very public risk. She seems genuine in her desire to pursue a "name of her own". She and Rick have been together since she was 18. If she wanted to use his name to gain for herself, she had lots of time to do it before now.

And, she's not the only designer there who is already somewhat established. Just because she's married to Ricky Schroeder doesn't mean she shouldn't be given a chance.
    I think you have misunderstood. No one is saying she should not be given a chance. We just said it was odd to display a pic of her husband when she said she didn't want anyone to know. Nothing more than that. Not really worthy of lengthy debate, just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3189814;
    Rick Schroder was a child star of a tv show called Silver Spoons. He grew to be quite a good adult actor, most notably in the Lonesome Dove films. I think he's been a regular on one of the Law and Orders or CSI's. We never heard of him getting into trouble as he grew up or as a young adult -- no drugs, no arrests, no outrageous partying -- and he apparently married young and stayed married.
    Actually, I think he was on NYPD Blue for several seasons...

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3192671;
    Actually, I think he was on NYPD Blue for several seasons...
    Yes. He was on NYPD Blue from 98-01 and appeared on Scrubs and Strong Medicine and has been in a whole slew of movies before or since. It was Mark-Paul Gosselaar that was on Law and Order SVU and he was also on NYPD Blue from 01-05. Basically Jimmy Smits picked up where David Caruso left off and Rick took over from Jimmy and Mark-Paul took over from Rick I think some people get Rick and Mark-Paul confused because of the NYPD Blue connection and also because they're both blonde hair, blue eyed heart throbs from the 80's. I know I had a HUGE crush on both of them
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

LG.

Rick Schroeder was also on the Lonesome Dove miniseries and did a decent job with that.

But about his wife . . . I think she did a decent job with her design work, but her attitude sucked. Hopefully she'll be working with some more competant and more confident designers so we can see if she can be a team player when she has more respect for her team. Hope so. Otherwise I'm going to wonder for the rest of my life, why did Ricky Schroeder marry such a %(*&#?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3191012;
    Actually, he was born in 1970 which makes him only 38 and they got married in 1992 so they've only been married for 16 years, not 20 and therefore their children are not old enough to be "raised".

Otherwise, I agree with everything else in your post

ETA: You could totally tell it was Rick Schroder in the picture because it wasn't just the back of his head, you could see the whole right side of his face.
    Thanks for the corrections, stacerace. It was late and I wrote it from memory instead of fact checking as I should have.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast