+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Carpenters

The Carpenters

Does the carpenter of the winning designer win anything? I haven't heard anything about that.

FORT Fogey

Re: The Carpenters

I haven't read anything but Carls comment, I want to win, makes me think there may be something, perhaps more money. Or he may just be competitive.

Clearly there are going to be problems with carpenters if they want to show off their skills. On this show you have to build things fast and cut corners. I think that is one of the problems with Carl and his slow pace. I cannot put all of the blame on Carisa.

If this show has another season Matt's carpenter is going to be in high demand and Carl will fall into the catagory of last picked on the playground. No one will believe that it was all Carisas's fault. I don't, it always takes two.

Carl is annoying... but last week the judges loved the wall he pretty much forced on Clarisa.
    Regardless of that I'd hate to work with someone who so clearly and blatently blows you off... to your face even.
    That beam almost breaking over that expensive table. Good thing for Clarisa she just moved the table.

Quote Originally Posted by souljourney;2318202;
    Carl is annoying... but last week the judges loved the wall he pretty much forced on Clarisa.
    Regardless of that I'd hate to work with someone who so clearly and blatently blows you off... to your face even.
    That beam almost breaking over that expensive table. Good thing for Clarisa she just moved the table.
    The beam incident is a very good point to bring up. While Carisa just can obviously be grating in her personality Carl does not listen to her. Sometimes he knows better-like the wall. Sometimes he doesn't know better as evidenced by the beam thing. She was right, he wasn't. If she hadn't moved the table it could have been disasterous. He's probably tired of listening to her but she is the designer and her vision. Can you imagine a carpenter like that in your house telling you he'll do it his way? Or ignoring you? Carisa's no prize but I don't think Carl is either.

+ Reply to Thread