+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4/4/07 show discussion *possible spoilers*

4/4/07 show discussion *possible spoilers*

Hellooooo? I'm watching my DVR of Lost right now, but when that's over, I'm all over Top Design. Who else is watching?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Goodness! I can't believe no one posted the boot-ee yet. I'm just watching it now. I want Carissa to be booted, but Matt's and Andrea's rooms are dull too. And is Kelly dressed for an 80's prom tonight? The girl cracks me up with her outfits.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    OK, you've GOT to be kidding me that Andrea was booted before Carissa! Goil, I could see--he was too easily freaked out at setbacks. But Andrea? No way! At this point, they should just give the whole thing to Matt and not bother with the finals.

I'm still trying to get my head around how Matt ended up with the top design for this episode. Even HE admitted that he didn't come close to finishing his room, he had exposed failures of design right in front of everyone...yet HIS work IN THIS CHALLENGE will be featured in Elle Decor?

Don't get me wrong--I think his body of work throughout this show has made him the clear favorite from the second episode on and he definitely deserved to make it to the finals, where I predict he'll win...

...but THIS was not a particularly good week for him.

pg--I probably would have picked Carisa's room for the win. Sorry Phone Grrrl.--seattle

FORT Fogey
    Andrea- Her room was painfully dull and boring. I think they said goodbye because they have seen her limitations from the start. Her degree in architecture is getting in the way of more creative and freer expression. Her style fit the dining room challenge that she won, handily.

Matt- His room was painfully dull, boring AND unfinished. His body of work thus far kept him in the game. They have been impressed with most everything he has done.

Clarisa- The judges like her style. They see her as creative and a free spirit with design and color. She has come up with something unique and compelling in every challenge. Her personality may grate but she is producing interesting and lively rooms.

I favored Clarisa's room and was shocked when she didn't win because it was the best and featured in the opening credits along with other winning rooms. They used some tomfoolery on that one. I didnt think they had it in them! Too many pillows and accessories did her in. I agree but still prefer it.

I am not surprised to see Clarisa in the finals. It is part of the format to have a villian vs good guy finish. Top Chef is a master at negotiating that. I think she deserves to be there, as well.

Do we think this show will have another season? I hope to see it again with some profound changes. The diaorama's will remain because they are necessary for a low budget show but there are ways to make them more interesting. A new host and set is essential.

I wanted a Matt and Andrea final 2, but Matt would be the frontrunner no matter which contestant was standing next to him. After all Carissa had to put up with this season dealing with Carl the Carpenter I'm actually happy for her that she's done well.

I have consistantly liked Carissa's rooms better than Andrea's so I'm not surprised Carissa stayed. (Now if we're going to talk about personality that's a different story!).

Reading the blogs it seems TPTB were pretty sure that Carissa's room was the winner, and the assistant I think said they thought Matt might be going home even. It appears that Carissa didn't win because they thought her interpretation was too literal. It was too many pillows but hopefully she'll listen to that advice and keep it in mind in her career-sometimes less is more.

I'm happy with the 2 in the finals. IMO they both deserve to be there. I would have liked to seen how some of the others progressed that were let go early on, but that doesn't mean I don't think that Matt and Carissa don't deserve to be there. They have done good work. I think Matt will win given the edit and Carissa's villian edit, but that remains to be seen.

FORT Fanatic
    Andrea booted?

You've got to be kidding.

Could a show be more boring? Bring back Project Runway!

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;2314330;
    I wanted a Matt and Andrea final 2, but Matt would be the frontrunner no matter which contestant was standing next to him. After all Carissa had to put up with this season dealing with Carl the Carpenter I'm actually happy for her that she's done well.
    I think she beat out Andrea because the judges loved the wall. That was Carls wall and not hers. If he did not do his thing, it could have been a disaster!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;2314811;
    I think she beat out Andrea because the judges loved the wall. That was Carls wall and not hers. If he did not do his thing, it could have been a disaster!
    On their blogs one or two also mention Carissa's use of color. That has been something they have praised over and over for her and I think that is what they are drawn to in her. They also loved the wall so it was likely a combination of the two.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast