Enjoy the show!
It looks like somebody goes to the hospital.
Well as sad as it is to see Goil go, I'm glad it wasn't Andrea. I would have preferred Carissa to leave, but she really did well so it wouldn't have made sense.
Here's my rankings for the week:
1) Matt; it was the room I would have enjoyed sleeping in the most, and while the blue he used looked more airy than watery, I appreciate he didn't go so literal as to choose an aqua blue. I loved the translucent furniture and the mirrors, although Kelly did have a point about the fragility of the mirrored furniture. Perhaps it could be replaced with something more durable. Overall, he had the best grasp of his element and did it in a refreshing way, rather than give in to cliches or making it too murky.
2) Carissa; I LOVED the fabrics she used! Similarly to Matt, I thought the blues were more water than air, but in her case the screens saved it. They conveyed the right idea and I got it, although I 100% agree with Kelly about the housekeeping. I instantly thought those screens looked like big dust collectors. Oh and I loved the poodle!
3) Goil; it was cute, I like some elements in it, but it was way too literal and the reds weren't restful. I would have used gold, tangerine and perhaps even greens to suggest the influence of the sun. I hated the metal strung up behind the bed; very bad feng shui.
4) Andrea; just about hated it all! I hated the fabrics, the colors, the grass and the walls. It looked unfinished and didn't have a real earthy element to it. She could have done so much better but she let the element psych her out. Use crystals, mushrooms, greens, wood... think Anthropologie just a little less literal.
Last edited by corprip; 03-29-2007 at 12:44 AM.
"I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.
The room just ROCKED for me! He captured the upscale feel of the room and it was so light and airy... that I felt it could have been a production of AIR. It was very comfortable looking. I loved it
I actually liked her room. It was very upscale although rather bland but the feel was there. However, I did NOT like the literal application of the outdoors. The grass was too much and out of place
Her room was OK but a little too dark for me. I got that she has AIR but air vents never come to mind in that frame. The blues did not capture me as did Matt's
A hot MESS! (pun intended) I would've showcased the bed with a floor to ceiling headboard with the gradient colors of fire stain on textured glass with matching bedding. I would have given the wall a pale yellow and used accent denoting fire around the room. The over the top garish colors wat just wrong
Matt, great room and the obvious winner. All you had to see was Matt's wall color go up and you knew it was a featured room in the opening credits.
Goil. Pure Trading Spaces. I would have done the room in soft warm yellows and whites with blue accents to represent the base of a gas flame. A huge, soft and fluffy bed in white would bekon.
Clarissa. Very creative way to illustrate air with the louvers instead of taking the literal route using a lot of white and diaphanous fabric. I loved it.
Andrea. I would have hated to draw Earth as well. She did manage to avoid browns and rustic but what was that? I would have done charcoal, grays and strong offbeat greens with majenta accents. Going more toward lava and lush plants.
We all could have guessed Goil was going, no matter what, this week. He has been unraveling.
We have three strong contenders for the win.
Goil goes? DArn. I only made it through the first 10 minutes of the episode before falling asleep on the couch. He was one of my favorites, though it isn't surprising he went. Now I will have to root for Matt to win. I definitely do not want Carissa to get it.
I've missed each of the last two episodes but I'm sad to learn that Goil is gone. I thought he was the most interesting & innovative designer of the bunch.
I hope he finds a niche that works for him.
Carissa is sooo icky to me. Bleh. I wish she had gone a long time ago - and certainly before Goil.
You should be able to see the last two eps at 8pm and 9pm right before nexts week show at 10pm.Originally Posted by Jexter;2303697;
1. Matt was the obvious number one room. However all the contestents and judges agreed that it was the easiest element to do. Would anyone have won with it??????? I liked his take on reflective surfaces.
2. Carissa. I liked it. She got away from the red and greens and this room says Carissa.
3. Goil. This was a hard choice. I like Goil, he thinks so out of the box that I am always amazed at what he comes up with. I loved his red panels and headboard. That said, lets go back to the asignment. Design a luxurious bedroom suite in a high end hotel. After a long day of traveling, shopping, business meetings. You just want to rest, relax, and Goils room did not set the atmosphere at all for that. I think he needed to think "friendly campfire after a long day", dark reds, with accents of orange and yellow. Deep textures. Have a fire wall even. I do wish he had stayed another week.
4. Andrea. A disaster. I think she has been lucky with some of her choices in past challenges and I remember she did a great slate wall in one her previous rooms. Still in the words of Tim Gunn 'make it work'. She did not and she should have been sent home. A bench instead of a sofa. What was she thinking. Hey how about a slate wall and waterfall feature that would have been cool. Better then real grass inset in the bench.
A sidebar: Andrea's hair. What was with the 3 little wannabe piglet tails. Her hair is not that long. Can someone get a permanent black marker and cover the part in her hair I am finally getting sick of seeing in on my screen. Or better yet shave her bald.
"When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."
Ah, for just one time I would take the Northwest Passage.
I can't believe the judges voted Goil out. It wasn't as bas as Andrea's room. Andrea's room was the weakest. Period.
Goil's my favorite designer of the whole bunch. He always thinks out of the box and he's just so much fun to watch. Oh Goil I'm gonna miss you.
At this point, they are judging their entire portfolio of work along with the current room. Andrea choked on this one but she has been consistantly solid.
Goil is a wild card and has a wide swing. He is good but not a finalist for this show. His creations are all over the road map.