+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3/21/07 show discussion *possible spoilers*

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

3/21/07 show discussion *possible spoilers*

The good. The bad. The "What were they thinking?"

Enjoy the show.

Andrea's room was so me! She knocked that design out of the park! I love Art & Crafts. The suede walls, that sidetable, those white chairs, slate on the wall ooooooooooooo! I didn't like the centerpieces...they were too tall....blocking conversation...but the table was still great.

Goil's room I thought was more Feng Shuii than lux. It was more green contemporary than lux. I could see that in a city loft....the colors were too soft.

Carisa grates my nerves BUT her carpenter....arrrrg! She tried to stop him and her was insubordinate! He'd be fired! I wish she had more time for styling. Her room was bare.

Matt. Those leather floors! Oooh. I loved the table setting. The red was a bit strong....he sold the sunset concept but it could have been a tad bit lighter.

Oh he's married with a daughter? I didn't know that.

Michael...Michael...Michael... that room was horrid! That area rug, the red colour, and the chairs, yuck! What happened to the 42 grand? He couldn't find real art...those pictures looked like you were in a slaughter house!

Now that Michael is gone the real competition begins. I like the remaining designers...they have all impressed me one way or another.

I think Andrea and Matt are my top 2 contenders.

Goil is stressing and Carissa's personality irritates me. She needs to learn how to be social.

I wouldn't hire a stressed out or bitchy designer.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I totally forgot this was on tonight, and only caught the end. I'm so thrilled Michael is finally out. He needed to be gone in the first challenge.

Awww! I'm sad to see Michael go, but he really did suck this week. I probably would have sent Carissa before him, although I admit that's my own bias speaking.

Andrea's and Matt's rooms were both very gorgeous. The one thing I didn't like about Matt's was how the table and chairs seemed so bunched to the center of the room, but those leather panels were GOR-geous!! Andrea's was the total package though; at first I thought it might be too safe, but as the camera panned I fell in love with a lot of the different details, from the table settings, to the blocks on which the glasses were set. It was overall just lovely.

I've decided the one person I cannot stand AT ALL is Jonathan Adler, especially after reading his blog. He tries so damn hard to be cutesy and it just grosses me out. I can live with Todd... he has actually grown on me and his wooden delivery doesn't seem so bad to me anymore. But Jonathan.. UGH! I'm convinced he would not be on my TV screen if he wasn't Simon Doonan's (very aged) boy toy.

Kelly was fabulous as usual; her look tonight was wild.. kind of Victorian, but very sexy. Margaret just rules. I could watch Margaret all day.. but please no more Jonathan.

The final two have to be Andrea and Matt. They both produce beautiful designs and seem to lack the major personality flaws both Carissa and Goil have that get in the way of executing their visions. Goil and Carissa are both whiney bitches (in different ways) and their psychological blocks are going to be their undoing. Andrea and Matt do a great job and keeping it cool and getting it done.

If I had to choose the winner, I'd go with Andrea. They are both sophisticated, and I like both of them, but Andrea has the total package, i.e. the design and architecture.
    Last edited by corprip; 03-22-2007 at 02:25 AM.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Wow, Andrea's room knocked my socks off. It was luxurious and sophisticated. I loved the chairs and wish I could appreciate the seude panels on the walls more by touching them but my tv does not have touch-around yet. Andrea had the number one room it was so above the others. Carisa was second. I liked the wall color and strips and the back wall, the ceiling beams would have been a nice touch if they had been able to complete them. But yes the rest of the room was bare and lacked something. Matt was third. I was not impressed with the leather floors but again it might have looked better if I were in the room. Michael in fourth. What no purple, what a refreshing change. Goil last. I think he missed the point of the room.

Goil seems to be breaking under the pressure.

Michael was a good choice to go, I don't think his skill levels were as high as the others. The four left are a much more level playing field.

Carissa, for 26 she comes across as 46. Very condescending. She needs to learn how to communicate better with the hired help.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey
    I doubt the leather floor would stand up to much use. Womens heels would mark it, wine and food spills would soil it making dark spots, especially anything oily.

Goil had rocks around the edges of the room and remarked that the waiters would step on it creating a sound. Do you really want a waiter, carrying a heavy tray, to risk stumbling over a stripe of rocks on the floor?

The fact they kept Carissa with an unfinished room featuring an overpowering banquette tells me they were looking to drop Michael. His room was not good but it was complete.

I agree that Andrea and Matt will be the final two and I think Goil is marked to go next. He prefers to do off the wall rooms as opposed to creating a usable space. They don't like that despite the fact the very first win was that ridiculous swing with a sand box beneath it.

Goil's win in the first episode was solely due to Alexis Arquette's choosing his room as the winning design. You're probably right that the judges don't particularly care for his gimmicks. The rocks and Goil's fantasy about servers stepping on them was absolutely ridiculous, not to mention completely unsafe. I too questioned the wisdome of Matt's floor and its ability to stand up to wear and tear, but it was absolutely beautiful from what I saw, but the rocks were just stupid. Somehow Goil's flower "chandelier" saved his ass from being in the bottom two.

Bearcata, I find it curious you responded so well to Carisa's room. It seemed to me to be a) unfinished, as Dogbat mentioned, and b) out of scale with the banquette and the table. Such a beautiful table deserved to stand alone as the star, proud and center; it seemed she was working with incongruous ideas, i.e. she wanted to do a banquette, but she also wanted a statement piece for a table. It just didn't work for me.

FORT Fogey
    Goil did not win the first challenge. Elizabeth did. She was the one eliminated with Heather for their beach cabana design the following week.

Not to quibble, but the room was by Goil and Elizabeth, and Heather was the one eliminated with Storm in the first episode. Elizabeth was alone when she was eliminated in the cabana challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip;2293013;
    Bearcata, I find it curious you responded so well to Carisa's room. It seemed to me to be a) unfinished, as Dogbat mentioned, and b) out of scale with the banquette and the table. Such a beautiful table deserved to stand alone as the star, proud and center; it seemed she was working with incongruous ideas, i.e. she wanted to do a banquette, but she also wanted a statement piece for a table. It just didn't work for me.
    I found that room to be unfinished as well. It just didn't seem to mesh like most of her rooms. The fabric she chose to cover the chairs was awful. I understand why she needed to cover them, but that was not a good choice. The beautiful table got lost in that room. It should have been the feature and it ended up getting lost among the chairs and the banquette. You didn't even notice how pretty the table was from all the distractions. And not enough time to unpack the silverware? Very weird. How long could that take?

I thought Goil's room was a mess. I realize that they think he's thinking very cleverly and that flower chandelier (sp?) saved him. I personally didn't like it, I guess it looked a lot better in person. I also know they thought Michael just bought his way into that design. It was't great but I didn't think it was as bad as Goil's. I guess that's why there are so many different design choices to make...different strokes for different folks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast