Thread: 3/14/07 show discussion *possible spoilers*

Proud Red Sox Lover irishkate81's Avatar

3/14/07 show discussion *possible spoilers*

Who got the "see you later decorator?

just killin' time . . . Truewriter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by irishkate81;2280833;
    Who got the "see you later decorator?
    Erik

Andrea and Goil got to stay. They should have listened to Goil--he can out-design them with his eyes closed.
    Futile--the winds--to a heart in port. --Emily Dickinson

FORT Fan

Team Challenges

OK I am so OVER these team challenges. Why can't they leave the designers to do a room on there own. I hate the dinamics of the TEAMS.

just killin' time . . . Truewriter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by divotsmom;2280856;
    OK I am so OVER these team challenges. Why can't they leave the designers to do a room on there own. I hate the dinamics of the TEAMS.

Yeah, these team things are irritating. The designers with the least amount of talent always seem to be the pushiest (except for Carisa who is pushy AND talented).
    Futile--the winds--to a heart in port. --Emily Dickinson

I liked this episode a lot more than some of the past episodes. Finally, we get to see something more real world and the winning design was actually very lovely. Shame on Carissa for trying to take credit for the vision. If anything, Michael had the biggest hand in the look based on his seating arrangement choices, flower arrangements and the doorman. She really needs to grow up and learn to play with others. Working with her whiney ass would be tedious and taxing.

I was very relieved neither Goil nor Andrea were sent home; they are both so very talented, although poor Goil nearly had a meltdown in this episode. I like Erik, but I was ok with him getting the axe over the other two; his aesthetic is a bit too tack for me, so he wasn't a big loss. I would have been devastated if the other two were sent home though.

Hopefully, the challenges will get better and better, and the results continue to improve as well. After this season is over, a few tweaks should be able to fix some of the flaws we've suffered in it's maiden voyage.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I am sick of Carissa. I'm tired of her eye rolling. I felt bad for Goil. I like him. Don't make him cry!

FORT Fogey
    For the first time I liked this show. This was an authentic challenge. It was refreshing to see them create a space that is used in real life.

Three is a bad combination in any team effort, at any age. Neither team recoginzed that obvious fact and did anything to put it on the table or work with it. Childish mistake. Had the other team lost, I am willing to bet that Michael would have been eliminated.

The winning team did a fabulous job. Everything looked professional and stunning given their time limit.

Jonathan's comment to Goil that he should have spoken up and pushed his ideas on the others was curious. There is just so much you can do about that with a 2 day time limit. There comes a time to accept the flow and get the project done. In real life you don't find yourself working with designers assigned to you. You are the boss of style and work with professionals who have other jobs and roles to play.

Matt is getting a winning edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Truewriter;2280853;
    Andrea and Goil got to stay. They should have listened to Goil--he can out-design them with his eyes closed.
    Goil is his own worst enemy. Did you see his surprise when they said he could stay? That did not fit into his "victim" script.

At first I could not believe he said Andrea was a "better model" of himself, showing a lack of self-esteem, but then the way he let them bully him, and even let his "victim-y" energy cause an "accident" where he ends up pinned underneath the shelving that they "forced" him into making -- a squealing seeming-victim of an inanimate object... well, he just needs to do a lot of work on himself until he feels confident energy. His self-confidence needs to catch up with his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by divotsmom;2280856;
    OK I am so OVER these team challenges. Why can't they leave the designers to do a room on there [sic] own. I hate the dinamics [sic] of the TEAMS.
    I think it's sad that the "challenged" team all got to stay because their design won. They should pick the individual winners and losers out of the whole bunch and not exempt the team whose design happened to win. I do agree their design should have won, but Michael deserved to be eliminated. And Matt was not the strongest of all six, so he should not have won immunity.

However, if that improvement were made, putting them on teams would still be a good way to see what kind of designers they are, because most real-world design is going to happen in cooperation with a group of other people.
    Last edited by Harvest; 03-15-2007 at 12:40 PM.

I really like Andrea but I couldn't stop staring at her scalp showing through her hair part. It really stands out against her dark hair.

Yes! I noticed that too. I was trying to figure out if she was just prematurely grey and needed to color her roots, but it didn't appear that way. It was very distracting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast