+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3/14/07 show discussion *possible spoilers*

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2281517;
    And Matt was not the strongest of all six, so he should not have won immunity.
    Matt didn't win immunity; he won an extra hour in the next challenge.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentina;2282884;
    I really like Andrea but I couldn't stop staring at her scalp showing through her hair part. It really stands out against her dark hair.

Yes I have noticed that too. She has very thin hair, probably light brown and dyes it darker for body and a more cutting edge look. The problem with dying light hair dark is that bald look as the roots emerge. You would think she would have brought some touch up dye to snag those roots along her part. Or change the style to better conceal them.

Liked Carisa, Matt, Michael room the best. Carisa and Michael have very strong egos and perphaps they need to to be in the business, although overall I think Carisa is a better designer. I feel alot of Carisa hate out there, but I don't find her that bad, to me Michael is even worse as far as his attitude and behavior but it seems to me that woman who behave like that and yes Carisa has her moments are judged much more harshly then men are.

As for the flowers in the room. Calla lilles. huh. Absolutely wrong. Why not make floral pieces of lemons that would have worked better with the theme anyway. Or use lemon drops (hard candy) that would have been a better fit. That was one bad idea but balanced against the rest of the room it was minor.

Poor Goil.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think Carissa's biggest problem is her total inability to work in teams. So far every time she has been paired or teamed up with someone, she sows seeds of discontent, gets huffy about the most inane issues and becomes a huge impediment to progress. Michael has his teamwork issues too, but he has demonstrated an ability to produce results, for example in the cabana challenge. I don't think she's a horrible person, but I'd never want to work with her.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Fogey
    I don't think Carissa is that bad. Michael is the one who is under my skin.

I don't fault any of them for trying to share a creative vision with a team. One idea has to pervail or the project ends up a compromise, for the most part. And that usually spells disaster.

I think we are going to see individual challenges for the rest of this season or we should anyway.

FORT Fogey
    I meant to say I dont fault any for FAILING in a team situation.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Re: Team Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by divotsmom;2280856;
    OK I am so OVER these team challenges. Why can't they leave the designers to do a room on there own. I hate the dinamics of the TEAMS.
    I agree with you totally. In my opinion, team challenges really have no place in these competitions. We are looking for the Top Designer here... NOT the top Team Player. When there are team challenges, most of the designers do not get to show off their design skills... only their ability to be a team player or their ability to build/paint etc. And the individual who gets kicked off can be sent home for a reason that has NOTHING whatsoever to do with their design skills. For all we know, the best DESIGNER could have been sent home because they had personality conflicts with the other designers.
    When you get a bunch of Type A personalities like these guys all on one project, sparks are bound to fly... you shouldn't punish them for wanting to design things their own way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12