+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Future Challenge Suggestions

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Future Challenge Suggestions

I was disappointed with the garage makeover challenge. Maybe we can come up with some better ideas. It wouldn't be the first time.

I would like to see all the designers have the same materials to and then see how their creativity shines.

I'm already tired of team challenges. Some of these people just won't/don't work well together. Don't force it.

Have the designers design rooms for each other.

FORT Fogey
    Design Star had a great challenge. They were all given an identical studio apt in the same building and assigned a color. Using predominantly that color, they created a sleeping, sitting and dining area. The budget was small but we got to see a finished product that someone could actually inhabit. I would duplicate this idea. It was enjoyable to watch.

Team challenges don't work unless a leader is assigned. This nonsense of speak up and push your own design sensibilties on the others does not work, nor should it. It is like asking Picasso, Monet and Warhol to do a painting together.

Find a homeowner willing to allow the contestants into their home and design as many rooms as needed. This is only good in the final stages when the numbers are down.

Using the diorama's make sense in the beginning but put windows and doors/closets in the space. That would make it easier on the designers as well. What do you do with 3 giantic white walls and 2 days to create a credible living space?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I liked the hotel challenge. Maybe the designers could design a room for a cheap motel and make it look more classy.

+ Reply to Thread