+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3/7/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

3/7/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

Hoa boy redo a garage in one day. I must say the judge who dissed Matt for only organizing and not composing. That he was able to store all the junk he did was a great effort he was also supposed to compose the organization. I think that there were too many peoplel running around that garage and getting their assignments done in that short a time was a mazing.

Yeah, it was way beyond time for Ryan to go home. He has no feeling at all for the client, after all he is beyond doing garages he is an artiste and exists on a higher plane then us mere mortals.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2270395;
    Hoa boy redo a garage in one day. I must say the judge who dissed Matt for only organizing and not composing. That he was able to store all the junk he did was a great effort he was also supposed to compose the organization. I think that there were too many peoplel running around that garage and getting their assignments done in that short a time was a mazing.

Yeah, it was way beyond time for Ryan to go home. He has no feeling at all for the client, after all he is beyond doing garages he is an artiste and exists on a higher plane then us mere mortals.
    I must say after reading this post that you shouldn't write posts when you are bleeding tired cause they don't make much sense, you have all this verbage in your head but it does not always make it to the page. Anyway, my main point was I thought for the short amount of time the designers had that Matt did an amazing job organizing. If the judges wanted a composed look they should have given everyone more time. After Christmas I spent 3 weekends going through all my family Christmass stuff, tossing out old stuff and putting everything away in boxes and labeling everything. It is not easy to sort, toss, pack, label and put away stuff. To compose on top of that is asking too much. to that judge.

As for Carisa's office. Here is the family throwing a wrench into the plans asking them to put the office into the shed. The designers kill themselves at the container store getting stuff and the mom's reaction is well it is better than nothing. Well screw you too. If you could have done a better job then you should have done it instead of asking a bunch of total strangers. What an idiot.

Bearcata I agreed with what you said until I went to read the blogs on bravo. It always explains so much more. I've said it before and yet again--the editors on the show are just not good.

Margaret commented that she had no idea how bad the space was until they saw it on the show. That explains the guest judge's comments about "composing". Had he (they) known he likely would have realized how much they accomplished in such a short time. The producers really did the designers a disservice by not showing that more clearly to them. (They flashed a picture to the judges but it didn't give them a clear idea of what they were dealing with in such a short time.)

Another thing mentioned is that Carisa had gotten more hooks, etc. from the container store that she just never used. Had she used those it would have imroved the space somewhat. IMO She did take on the extra project thrown at them but it was too much time if she wasn't also making sure they were using her stuff for the garage.

We saw them blame Michael for the purple curtains, but then when the show was seen it was obvious it was the color he was sent to get. The judges didn't believe him. Too bad they didn't get to see that part of it because they unfairly judged Michael. Margaret (I think it was her blog) says that they did unfairly put that on Michael, but it remains to be seen whether or not them unfairly putting that decision on him comes back against him in later shows since the judges did not know this until they saw the show.

Overall I didn't think Andrea's design was very good, but the family liked it. She did do a good job of managing the team and their strengths. Goil's dog bed thing was OTT. I didn't like Carisa's shed space either, but she didn't have a lot of time, and bought stuff for that space at the container store while not having a good idea that we could see for what that space actually needed. I think the production team should have stepped in and nixed the shed idea due to time constraints. Overall they had such limited time and so much to do, to ask the designers to add more at the last minute was just ridiculous. According to bravo they were scrambling at the last minute to even get a garage so maybe that's why they just let it go. Otherwise it just seemed like not enough time for a project that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2270395;

Yeah, we didn't like Ryan. But we don't blame him for not wanting that job; of all the reasons he should have been kicked off, his honesty in that regard shouldn't have been one of them.

The family was disgusting. They should have cleaned out their own crap. but clearly they were looking at it as free labor. (I don't care if the "budget" was paid by them, which I doubt; it was still basically free.) Note that the only room they cleared out themselves was the shed, so they could ambush the designers with more work.

It was funny to see the looks of disgust on the designers' faces when they all crawled out of their super-sized SUV, ha!

It was clear that the designers were going to try and throw Clarissa under the bus. Glad they didn't succeed this week.

It's funny to see the judges' reactions to that one guy's color choices. Crazy grape boy, when will they kick him to the curb?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2270793;
    As for Carisa's office. Here is the family throwing a wrench into the plans asking them to put the office into the shed. The designers kill themselves at the container store getting stuff and the mom's reaction is well it is better than nothing. Well screw you too. If you could have done a better job then you should have done it instead of asking a bunch of total strangers. What an idiot.
    Yup, they were disgusting. There was clearly no pleasing her. Talk about damning with faint praise.

We wondered why, with that giant house, they had to kick the mom and kids out into the shed to do their office work and homework. Something is seriously wrong with that family.
    Last edited by Harvest; 03-08-2007 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2270935;
    Bearcata I agreed with what you said until I went to read the blogs on bravo. It always explains so much more. I've said it before and yet again--the editors on the show are just not good.
    This is a common problem for Bravo's reality shows. We never fully understand what's really going on until we read the blogs. Or on second thought, I should say except Project Runway, because most of the time it is very clear without the blogs. I don't understand this. People are not supposed to read some stuff on the internet to be able to fully grasp an episode. This is a tv show, and what they show on tv should be well-edited to have viewers follow the decision making process. With Top Chef and Top Design, I always feel I missed something because there are some decisions or critisism never explained well on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2271100;
    We wondered why, with that giant house, they had to kick the mom and kids out into the shed to do their office work and homework. Something is seriously wrong with that family.
    That bothered me too, I looked at that house and I am thinking close to 3,000 sq ft 2 adults, 3 kids, 1 dog plenty of space yet you want to put an office in a garden shed, no insulation, no electricity, no internet connection. Was that weird or not?

What I didn't get was do they have a lawn service or what. I store my lawn mower and gardening tools in the garage.

That was also about the messiest garage I have ever seen. I looked like they just used it as a dumping ground. Ryan, annoying as he came across, was right. Sort your stuff and get rid of some stuff.

Also why did Matt have to sort urine soaked stuffed animals? If they are that nasty I would throw them out because you can not wash them.

Poor Michael. He came across as having this weird thing about purple. I do think that a brighter shade would have been better but that is what Andrea picked not Michael.

Carissa, is turning out to be one of the villains. Whiny, b****y, and definitely not a team player. Every team challenge she has totally fallen down on the job. I am beginning to wonder if she has any skills at all.

Quote Originally Posted by catmom3;2271771;
    What I didn't get was do they have a lawn service or what. I store my lawn mower and gardening tools in the garage.

That was also about the messiest garage I have ever seen. I looked like they just used it as a dumping ground. Ryan, annoying as he came across, was right. Sort your stuff and get rid of some stuff.

Also why did Matt have to sort urine soaked stuffed animals? If they are that nasty I would throw them out because you can not wash them.

Poor Michael. He came across as having this weird thing about purple. I do think that a brighter shade would have been better but that is what Andrea picked not Michael.

Carissa, is turning out to be one of the villains. Whiny, b****y, and definitely not a team player. Every team challenge she has totally fallen down on the job. I am beginning to wonder if she has any skills at all.
    I have seen worst, it actually looked pretty good compared to the ones I have seen. It looked kinda staged.

That family was so disgusting. I think it was time for Ryan to go, but I do think he said a true thing when he said they needed to get rid of some stuff. My stomach turned when they mentioned the animals were soaked with urine--how disgusting and why would you save them???? That family looks reasonably well off, so it wasn't like they couldn't afford to throw them out and get new ones and all the kids look a little old for stuffed toys anyway. I also thought it was weird with all that space in that house, they needed to use the garage for all those activities like an office. I also think they had no business complaining since they got free labor and they took a risk in having the designers on the show do it.

I think Carissa should be next. Her attitude stinks and really, she wasn't doing much of anything to contribute.

FORT Fogey
    This family was probably a friend of one of the producers and I suspect that garage was the second of two, the other housing their own cars, one of which is an SUV.

The car featured on the show was product placement and, most likely, did not belong to them. The "needs" for this garage were set up by producers. They probably got input from the family in designing the challenge but this was NO desire of that family. That garage was a place to deposit stuff they didn't want to bother carting to the dump.

There is no way they needed the shed to be an office. I am willing to bet that they have a well appointed office in the house made of solid cherry wood. We did not see a full shot of the house either.

This challenge was not believable, fun to watch or interesting in any way. How many viewers want to see what someone can do with a garage? most of us park our cars in them with little room for much else.

I had hopes it would improve as the numbers dwindled but it is getting worse! Design Star was much more interesting.

+ Reply to Thread