+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2/21 - show discussion **spoilers**

2/21 - show discussion **spoilers**

Oh my God, I can't believe no one put out a discussion thread and there is already a recap thread. Is no one watching this show anymore???

Anyway I will throw my 2 cents in. I can't stand Ryan. At the beginning of the show he had so many negative comments to say about the cabanna challenge I wanted him gone right there and then. Then I was so plesantly surprised with what he did with the room. I was impressed with his skills. How he painted the tables and other seating. I liked what he did with the glass door, making it a table. It was very out there. But his attitude toward the judges sucks. I liked what one said. He can have the attitude if he has the vision and talent to back it up but he does not. That '666' t shirt was creepy.

I was sad Felicia went I think she is a better designer than her room.

Matt, all the judges complained about his green walls and it is so over cause everyone is doing it. Well, on my tv they looked dull gold not green at all.

Michael, he too suffers from too much ego and little talent. I am surprised he knew about the "Partridge Family" bird, but may be I am giving him too much credit. The color palet of dull gold and eggplant seem a bit too old for a client right out of design school.

As for that one judge Kessler, what was with the hair that is so 80's. Every week it looks as if she is trying to be more and more unattractive. I am not getting edggy or hip at all from her. She is too old for these styles and she is not carrying them off at all. Maybe it is the proportions is is so fine boned that that gold dress she wore overwhelms her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kessler defending Ryan for his vision while wearing hair that Tina Turner would be ashamed to be seen in public with, and a dress Barbarella sent to Goodwill, was to me the height of irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2252997;
    Oh my God, I can't believe no one put out a discussion thread and there is already a recap thread. Is no one watching this show anymore???

Anyway I will throw my 2 cents in. I can't stand Ryan. At the beginning of the show he had so many negative comments to say about the cabanna challenge I wanted him gone right there and then. Then I was so plesantly surprised with what he did with the room. I was impressed with his skills. How he painted the tables and other seating. I liked what he did with the glass door, making it a table. It was very out there. But his attitude toward the judges sucks. I liked what one said. He can have the attitude if he has the vision and talent to back it up but he does not. That '666' t shirt was creepy.

Matt, all the judges complained about his green walls and it is so over cause everyone is doing it. Well, on my tv they looked dull gold not green at all.

Michael, he too suffers from too much ego and little talent. I am surprised he knew about the "Partridge Family" bird, but may be I am giving him too much credit. The color palet of dull gold and eggplant seem a bit too old for a client right out of design school.

As for that one judge Kessler, what was with the hair that is so 80's. Every week it looks as if she is trying to be more and more unattractive. I am not getting edggy or hip at all from her. She is too old for these styles and she is not carrying them off at all. Maybe it is the proportions is is so fine boned that that gold dress she wore overwhelms her.
    you know it's bad when the show isn't even showing up on the torrent websites. not a good sign!

I came into FORT to see what had been said about the last episode, which I finally watched today. I see I didn't miss much. I thought someone might have commented on the judging cat fight that almost was. Wearstler's (is that her name?) comment to the Elle Design judge was pretty cutting, like they really don't like each other.

"...see the signs, know their meanings"

"You say that now, but how are you at canasta?"

I can't stand Ryan.....How he painted the tables and other seating. I liked what he did with the glass door, making it a table. It was very out there. But his attitude toward the judges sucks. I liked what one said. He can have the attitude if he has the vision and talent to back it up but he does not. That '666' t shirt was creepy.
    I don't like him either! I thought the circle-painted furniture was interesting, but I agreed with the judges that his room was completely chaotic. That dividing wall was terrible and the bedspread he was using had no place in that room!
    My son noticed that '666' shirt in one of the very first episodes. What on earth is he trying to 'say' with that shirt!?

I wish they had taken more previous work into consideration. As a whole, I think Felicia has done much better in this show and I don't think she should have been eliminated. They really should have given Ryan the boot!

Michael, he too suffers from too much ego and little talent.....The color palet of dull gold and eggplant seem a bit too old for a client right out of design school.
    He kept saying that his client wanted a heppy room. I agreed with the judges again here - this room was not happy at all.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 02-24-2007 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Adding comment about Ryan

FORT Fogey
    I get it why they are doing dioramas but give them more time to create completed rooms. All of these efforts are hopelessly sparse and time is the enemy. Ask them to create a window and do something with the lighting or add a ceiling so we don't feel like we are looking at unfinished rooms set up in a garage.

The set design and feel of this show is terrible. Do the judging in a beautifully decorated room. Trump has a boardroom, a runway is appropriate for PR and tribal council is perfect for Survivor. Since when is a cavernous room, totally devoid of decor, fitting for this show?

Margaret is continually dumbfounded by Kelly's sensibilties and I tend to agree with her. The black room should have lost, it was hideous.

I would love to see them do a redesign of someone's home. Or do a 24 hour design again of a real client. That would make this show interesting.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2256875;
    I would love to see them do a redesign of someone's home. Or do a 24 hour design again of a real client. That would make this show interesting.
    The problem with doing a "real" job is time and budget. Typically it takes weeks and sometimes months to pull a room together. But I do think they could follow in the steps of Design Star and give them a studio apartment with some parameters and do something better than the dioramas. Maybe when the number dwindles further we will see some better challenges. I still hold hope that this show will improve a little. The set will not change and that is a HUGE problem.

My son noticed that '666' shirt in one of the very first episodes. What on earth is he trying to 'say' with that shirt!?
    Just as I suspected last night. For the added drama for the show is all because ordinarily the judges would've taken what the client said in much more into consideration. The client was very blunt about her unease about the room by using the words "I feel like I'm in jail" and "it's too chaotic". That should have been enough reason to eliminate the designer, BUT the show needs someone to play the "bad boy" role. Mr 666 fits the bill.

I agree about the ridiculous time constraints. This isn't like sewing outfits. In designing a room, you really don't know what you're going to do until you look to see what's available and that takes a lot of time. At least in sewing outfits, if you want to make a yellow plaid dress, more than likely you'll find yellow plaid material at most fabric stores. For this challenge if someone wants to find something specific from yard sales that the client wants, there's a huge chance that the designer wouldn't find it.

And I can't believe what one of the judges said about Goil's bed: "How do you get out of that bed??" Like the thought of bed's like that are SO unheard of! Hello??? It's similar to the super low platform beds plus he's putting an artistic slant to it as well!

+ Reply to Thread