+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: 2/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #11
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,194
    I said the same thing about the fashion sense of that judge. Socks with strappy high heels? Ick
    Yup, with donuts!!

  2. #12
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,561
    While Lime green and Purple do not offend me and I thought the cabana was an interested stucture with the louvers and the in and out areas. I didn't think Elizabeth should have gone home. Matt had no input but was a decent team player. I thought the guy who did the Pier One shopping for the St. Tropez should have gone home. Erik (who had immunity) was my second choice and Carissa (for poor color choices and too much time spent arguing over a angle cut) was my third choice.

    When I think of Miami, I think hot bright colors. Sun, sea and air.They could have limited their palettes to greens or purples not both. Use different tones of it maybe pairing it with white. I also thought the furniture inside the cabana sucked. You needed a chaise louge or daybed for lounging in and a bar area for cooling refreshments.

    The St. Tropez team could have won it they had just stuck to whites and blues and not dark denim blue. Use sky blue, cerulean, anything but dark denim blue.

    I liked the Tahiti fantasy cabana but it did need a roof. They won because they had the fewest design mistakes. They structure was nice, the fabric panels were fantasy land, the furniture suited the purpose of the buildings the colors were nice. If it had a roof it would have been purfect.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  3. #13
    FORT Fogey Quemoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,494
    I totally agree Bear.

    The colors weren't that bad..considering the Art Deco colours that seem way out there too me.

    The louvers were beautiful and the structure was interesting enough that I paid no attention to the colors.

    I the Pier One guy...that furniture and the structure did not go together...not one bit.

    Clarissa really was irritating me but I guess she knew Pier One guy should not be the one shopping. The pillows he picked looked better before she touched them. The did matched the colors he was given....subtly.

    But, I didn't like her final color overload on the pillow she added. Too much red and very plain....his scheme would have worked better and softened up the furniture.

  4. #14
    FORT Fan realfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    198
    I'm really trying to like this show, but it's just not happening for me. I loooove both Project Runway and Top Chef. I know a little something about fashion, a little something about haute cuisine, a little something about architecture and interior design.

    So it's not as though I have any special knowledge or lack thereof for the topic of this series.

    It's just somehow not interesting.

    Todd Oldham is dull as dirt. He certainly isn't a Tim Gunn, who is not only a useful component to the game that is Project Runway, but is also a wonderful and entertaining and educational device for the audience.

    Same with Jonathan Adler. He's actually more stiff than Todd. And, worse still, it's apparent that he's reading a script. His delivery is so bad there isn't any other explanation for the stiff, I'm-reading-a-teleprompter-so-don't-rush-me performance he gives.

    None of the judges is articulate about the field of design. Nor do they actually seem as though they're interested in discovering new, raw talent. Instead, they seem content to just shake their heads and look down their noses as what the contestants have done on deadlines that Adler or Oldham would never be able to meet.

    I do so wish that we could find an oasis where we might get some hot chocolate, or a coca cola. Just keep following the armada that approached their faint and obscured Northern Lights.

    Look up. She's there. Always.

  5. #15
    Who-dat Runway victim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by realfun;2243459;

    None of the judges is articulate about the field of design. Nor do they actually seem as though they're interested in discovering new, raw talent. Instead, they seem content to just shake their heads and look down their noses as what the contestants have done on deadlines that Adler or Oldham would never be able to meet.

    According to Margaret Russel's Bravo Blog- She is surprised that none of her positive remarks and all of her negative remarks make it on-air. (Imagine that, a Reality TV Show "victim-of-editing").

    Sounds to me like the producers know we all love a good bitch-slap, but they have been too heavy-handed in dispensing them.
    They could cushion the blows with a few positive critiques.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

  6. #16
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,561
    I am watching my tape again and must correct a previous statement where I felt Erik of the Miami cabana team was my second choice to go home. It should have been Matt. I don't understand that Matt claimed he had done projects in Miami but did not protest the colors. Erik and Elizabeth both had strong opinions and I liked the physical structure. It could have won with a different color palette. I felt as if all the blame got dumped on Elizabeth. Still teamwork was 30% of this challenge and lets face it Team St. Tropez had the worst teamwork. I felt Carisa was pouting during this challenge. Yes she and Ryan bumped heads but I felt she gave it up once she could not shop at Pier One. She obviously did not even try with the fabric choices and they obviously sucked. As far as arguing over a cut on the ends of the cabana frame it was not worth all the energy arguing about it. Personally I would have cut the angle. It was minor and it would have been a small accent to the overall piece and honestly would the judges even have noticed it??? But Ryan totally failed the furniture choices. I would have gotten some lounge chairs. I don't think his pillow choices were that bad. In fact if they had gone with the white, sand and red/coral palette it would have looked loads better than the denim blue. It was not a cohesive piece and that is where teamwork let them down. But the Lime green of Miami's must have been a bigger disconnect with the judges. Probably looked worse in real life than on TV and that was why poor Elizabeth went home. Still I wish the judges had kept her, because she at least has an opinion not like Matt. Matt who? Oh, the one who never offered an opinion during the entire challenge.

    Oh, If Ryan thinks that Carisa's jungle room is conservative he obviously did not graduate high school and is not conversant with a dictionary as her style is not conservative in the least.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  7. #17
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,053
    groan

    A beach cabana without at top, that offers NO shade won? I am at a loss for words.

    Okay, so the colors for Miami weren't the best but it was complete with a top, regardless of the size.

    None of these cabanas were interesting and I don't place all the blame on the designers. When you only have Pier 1 as your source of furniture, you are going to have Bali or a trendy apartment, that is about it. You cannot squeeze St Tropez out of this low budget import store.

    Goil was way off base with his beautiful design. He strove to impress the judges with his skill but that was not a cabana, not even close.

    The judges are sour with everyone, there is no levity or sense of fun, the set is terrible and Todd Oldham is not right for this job. He is terrible at it, in fact.

    I want to see banter, humor, smiles and playfulness. This is decorating not a documentary on fatal diseases.

    I would like to see a second season but from the creator of Project Runway and Top Chef. It could be so much better. 100 percent better.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 02-17-2007 at 10:08 AM.

  8. #18
    FORT Fan realfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat;2245007;
    groan

    The judges are sour with everyone, there is no levity or sense of fun, the set is terrible and Todd Oldham is not right for this job. He is terrible at it, in fact.

    I want to see banter, humor, smiles and playfulness. This is decorating not a documentary on fatal diseases.

    I would like to see a second season but from the creator of Project Runway and Top Chef. It could be so much better. 100 percent better.
    . Exactly Dogbat. It's like this incarnation of the show just misses the mark by half an inch in every area.

  9. #19
    FORT Fogey justCoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat;2245007;
    groan

    A beach cabana without at top, that offers NO shade won? I am at a loss for words.

    Okay, so the colors for Miami weren't the best but it was complete with a top, regardless of the size.

    None of these cabanas were interesting and I don't place all the blame on the designers. When you only have Pier 1 as your source of furniture, you are going to have Bali or a trendy apartment, that is about it. You cannot squeeze St Tropez out of this low budget import store.

    Goil was way off base with his beautiful design. He strove to impress the judges with his skill but that was not a cabana, not even close.

    The judges are sour with everyone, there is no levity or sense of fun, the set is terrible and Todd Oldham is not right for this job. He is terrible at it, in fact.

    I want to see banter, humor, smiles and playfulness. This is decorating not a documentary on fatal diseases.

    I would like to see a second season but from the creator of Project Runway and Top Chef. It could be so much better. 100 percent better.
    The strange thing is that by reading the blogs it sounds as if they are all so much more interesting than is shown. I think in this case it's very poor editing, or they are much better writers than speakers. And they need to get the assistant doing the blog in front of the camera, he sounds hilarious.

  10. #20
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2247170;
    The strange thing is that by reading the blogs it sounds as if they are all so much more interesting than is shown. I think in this case it's very poor editing, or they are much better writers than speakers. And they need to get the assistant doing the blog in front of the camera, he sounds hilarious.
    Yes, I agree. It is like two different shows, the editing is horrible. The assistant and Johnathan are my favorite blogs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.