+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

2/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of the show in this thread only until 3 a.m. Eastern time.

Thanks, and enjoy the show!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    This show is not nearly as riveting as Top Chef and Project Runway. They need to step up the drama, or maybe it'll get better when there are fewer contestants left. Also, the "it may not get done" suspense has been played out over six years of Trading Spaces, so I don't feel it.

I do not like that Jonathan judge guy and I finally figured out why--he looks exactly like this ex-coworker of mine. No one liked that guy, so he got the boot.

I hope John goes home. Or Michael. Or both. They should keep Cat Man around another week, just because he's not nearly as whiny.

This show is a perfect example of why I get so annoyed when people complain about the "drama" of Top Chef and Project Runway. Yes it is nice to see talent, but talent alone does not make you tune in for an hour. This show is snoresville. I may have been upset about the outcome of Top Chef, but at least I wasn't bored with it.

I hate that "see ya later, decorator" crap. But whoo boy am I glad that John dude is off my tv screen.

Seems like the designer/client relationship is the most important aspect as far as judging this show. Especially knowing the client's taste and giving them what they want.

Last week Lisa & Heather were "later'd" (is that a word?- I ask retorically) for creating a theme room.

And this week Erik is applauded for an extreme version of a theme room.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

I also noticed that many of John's interviews from ep. one (when he describes not being a kitschy designer & also difficullties working with Michael) were taken from his exit interview. He is wearing the black shirt & he is visibly upset.

Keep an eye on the wardrobe during the challenges and you can tell when the interviews were most likely filmed.

I know the "Magical Elves"/producers do coach contestants to speak in the present tense when describing situations that may have happened hours or even days before.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2233579;
    "Magical Elves"/producers
    OOPS my bad, this show is not produced by Magical Elves (Top Chef, Project Runway) but by Stone & Company Entertainment.

I had read that this series was pitched by a completely different team than Magical Elves and was NOT a spin-off of either TC or PR.
    But I had assumed it was produced by the ME team once Bravo picked it up.

And you know what happens when you...............

According to the three regular judges they wanted to vote off Michael (they really hated his room).
    But guest judge Liz Lange strongly felt that execution was more important than design concept.

They were going to let John slide with a slap on the wrist for poor execution and send Michael home for bad design. But Liz convinced them that missing a deadline/poor time management was a worse mistake than a lack in taste/style.

I agree with Liz Lange. Michael's room was actually not that bad to me. The pillow? Kind of cute and ironic. There were some touches I would have left out, like the roses on the books, but I liked the color and the idea behind it.

Poor John had no chance on this one. Despite the mess Ryan made in his room, John's was really unfinished and it was hard to see where he was going, if anywhere. I kind of knew he'd be the one to go, especially since he was given a redemptive arc in preparation for his elimination.

Was I the only one who noticed Goil used another giant bell pepper in his room? The guy obviously has design chops, but his rooms come off very sterile and not very comfortable. I hope he changes it up, because I feel like this episode he did a kid's version of the sanctuary he did last week. And please, no more bell peppers!
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast