+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speculation- (possible) **Spoilers**

Speculation- (possible) **Spoilers**

I wonder if they will have Thom Filicia from Queer Eye as a guest judge?
    Ted Allen was featured pretty heavily on Top Chef.
    But now that Thom has "Dress my Nest" in production for E!/Style network....probably not.
    But will be interesting to see.

Any other guesses/info on guest judges?
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Episode Titles

Episode one: Mystery Judge -Aired Jan 31
    Episode two: Childs Play - scheduled Feb 7
    Episode three: Life's a Beach - scheduled Feb 14

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

So from the titles, I think their clients for the Bedroom episode (episode 2) will be kids.
    Should be fun to watch them design & build a childs bed & room.

I saw a preview for episode two- childs play- that confirms the clients are kids.
    The designers go shopping for bedding at Target (it's also mentioned the beds are twin size only).
    Matt picks up black bedding and Michael asks "who are you designing for a ten year old or a thirty-five year old?".
    Ryan buys pink, pink, pink and more pink.

You can also tell from the preview clips that the two upcoming guest judges are women.

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2230634;
    I saw a preview for episode two- childs play- that confirms the clients are kids.
    The designers go shopping for bedding at Target (it's also mentioned the beds are twin size only).
    Matt picks up black bedding and Michael asks "who are you designing for a ten year old or a thirty-five year old?".
    Ryan buys pink, pink, pink and more pink.

You can also tell from the preview clips that the two upcoming guest judges are women.

The women are probably the mothers, right?

Life's a Beach sounds fun!
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip;2230649;
    The women are probably the mothers, right?
    I should have been more clear- there will be a woman guest judge (dark hair & short yellow dress) for episode two & also a woman guest judge (long brown hair & long floral dress w/platform flip-flops/sandals) for episode three.

I may have the episodes reversed but those are the women pictured in the clips.

OK stop reading now if you do not want to know about the next episode.......

I got a little more info-
    The designers receive their client bios & have to design a room previous to meeting with them. They are to create a presentation prior to the meeting.

Erik's client is a "man" who enjoys 60s music, is creative and is an avid fisherman & enjoys spending time in the mountains.

John's client is a "woman" who is a singer, likes to be in control and dabbles in martial arts.

Carisa's client wants to travel to South America so she is going with a "rain forest" theme.- (I kid you not).

Ryan's client is a transplant from Tenn. who is entrepreneurial, likes to paint and is single except for her cat Annabelle.

Goil's client is a comedian.

All I got on Matt's client is that it's a male.

It's pretty funny to watch Todd's expression when the designers present their room ideas to him. Felicia wants a king size bed in case he "should invite a lady friend over".
    Goil creates a scale model of his room with a little man it and Todd asks how tall is the man and Goil answers 6 feet.

Someone does a red room with a jungle theme- including animal prints and Tarzan ropes hanging from ceiling. -Carisa?

Someone does a pirate ship with oversized chains and a Jolly Roger flag. Erik?

Johns room is lavender but since his carpenter goes over budget, he can't afford a floor.

Goil's room seems to be black & white.

Michael, Elizabeth & Felicia all do various shades of light blue. Michael's looks Tiffany blue & Felicia's is more seafoam with a bicycle stencil.

Ryan paints a big blue wave & then goes hog-wild on cat accessories for Annabelle. This must be the clip of Margaret chastising someone about "you can't just design a room around a cat" from the previews.

It looks like most of the designs change radically once the designers meet their clients. The scene where they reveal the kids looks really good and the expressions are priceless. Todd seems to have come into his element as a host and is relaxed and personable.

From an article about John:

Tonight's episode of Bravo's new Top Design competition (10 ET/PT) offers a rare moment for reality TV: A cast member discloses that he is HIV-positive.

John Gray, whose temper-filled outbursts caused friction among the competing interior designers on Top Design's debut last week, reveals his anger was fueled by medication used in his treatment.

"I just want everyone to know I'm HIV-positive," Gray tells his fellow contestants. "I'm not making excuses or apologies."

Gray says his anger was fueled by testosterone taken to counteract lower levels induced by HIV. His dosage was boosted 400% just before the show started because he wasn't sure how long he'd be away from home.

Liz Lange is the guest judge. She is a maternity designer & mother of two. She also designs a line for Target (like Todd Oldham).

I saw a photo from Life's a Beach (episode 3) and they show 9 designers.........and the one missing is.............

John (although it could be Ryan missing- hard to tell).

I wish it was Michael.
    Last edited by Runway victim; 02-07-2007 at 01:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast