+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speculation- (possible) **Spoilers**

Having seen a few of the other rooms (Jungle & Pirate). I believe the only reason for someone to go home is if the room was not completed or the client was not happy.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Episode 3 Detail: Life's a Beach
    The interior designers head to the beach for some supposed fun in the sun---but there are nasty ripple effects when they go deep into a challenge involving the sun and sand.
    Last edited by Runway victim; 02-08-2007 at 02:51 AM.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Episode 4 Detail: Diamond in the Rough
    The interior designers must utilize uncommon materials to create a living and working area for clients. And they'll have to measure up, for the clients are all aspiring designers themselves.
    Last edited by Runway victim; 02-08-2007 at 02:51 AM.

Just a quick reminder, this series is only 10 episodes long.
    So one new episode a week from Jan. 31 (premiere) - April 4 (finale).

BTW series was originally called Top Decorator & then Top Designer

Info on 3rd episode: Life's a Beach
    Do not read if you prefer to be surprised..........

The designers are separated into teams of three.
    The breakdown is as follows:
    Elizabeth, Matt, Erik
    Michael, Felicia, Andrea
    Carisa, Goil, Ryan

The teams split up to shop for the room's multiple elements (maximum drama this way IMO- since you know they all have indivual tastes/styles).

One person from each team goes individually to a hardware store, a fabric store & a decorative accessory/furniture store.

Here are the shopping teams-
    Hardware store (Home Depot?): Elizabeth, Andrea, Goil
    Fabric store (Pindler & Pindler Inc.): Matt, Michael, Carisa
    Furniture store (Pier 1): Erik, Felicia, Ryan

BTW, the teams are each given a beach city vacation destination to inspire their designs.

I don't have the city info for the Michael, Felicia, Andrea team
    Elizabeth, Matt, Erik: Miami
    Carisa, Goil, Ryan: St. Tropez.

The biggest drama/friction seems to when Ryan designates himself to go to Pier 1 and Carisa is not happy with his choices. She says his prints are too loud, he calls her design "conservative".
    Goil mentions (in his "confessional"interview) that he doesn't like working in teams and prefers to work on challenges individually (if only the producers felt the same.....).

Felica buys a bed frame & Michael is going to make a mattress for a daybed.

Also Todd thinks the acid green/eggplant colors "are not Miami" enough that team Matt, Elizabeth & Erik have chosen for their indoor/outdoor room.

p.s. Andrea has not been getting much face time in the preview clips- maybe she is not as "controversial" at this time in the competition.
    This could bode well for her being around for awhile- flying under the radar almost always works in the beginning of the game.

Just caught the preview for next week, Episode 4: Diamond in the Rough.

The Designer's are given only 20 minutes to shop for fabrics at Pindler & Pindler........ anyone who has ever been to a fabric store knows how long it takes to go through the seemingly endless rows of panels and bolts to choose textiles. This would be almost impossible for me....I could easily spend an afternoon checking out fabric (but maybe that's just me....).

Did I just admit to that???? Maybe there is a support group for that? "My name is Billy and I'm a textile junky...."

From the earlier description and the other preview online it looks like they will be sent to various locations throughout LA to work with their clients (aspiring designers) in their homes to create a living room and workspace using "uncommon materials".

Also Todd shows up very early (with coffee & muffins natch) and tells them they have ten minutes to meet him downstairs.

We get to see most of the designers as they are surprised from their slumber. I personally enjoyed seeing a shirtless & disheveled Matt
    (Oh my, another confession......I really need to pace myself).

According to Bravo's schedule we will get a new episode this week -Feb. 21st.
    But Feb. 28th will be repeats (already? Only 4 episodes and into repeats?).
    March 7th will be episode 5.
    March 14th Episode 6.
    March 21st episode 7.
    No listings yet on Bravo's schedule after March 25th ........

I just hope they don't string us along-but I remember in Todd's blog for Life's a Beach (ep.3) he said 8 episodes left- so that would make a total of 11 episodes. I guess he was including the reunion show. Any info on when the reunion is taping?

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2244543;
    From the earlier description and the other preview online it looks like they will be sent to various locations throughout LA to work with their clients (aspiring designers) in their homes to create a living room and workspace using "uncommon materials".
    I was hoping they would be able to work on location but......Looks like they are "back to the boxes"

I understand from a scheduling/logistics standpoint that it would be difficult to judge in various locales, but.......I am just soooooo sick of 12X12 rooms with no windows and doors. But it looks like they incorporate materials from their clients homes.

Design your own room on the Bravo website

BRAVOtv.com : Top Design : Dream Room

Tonight's episode (#4 formerly Diamond in the Rough) is now called: One Man's Trash.......

Next episode (March 7th) #5 is titled: Acadia Garage -
    The remaining interior designers are tasked to build a dream space for the archetypal American family---two parents, three children and a dog.

Bravo refers to it as: Garage Band

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast