+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 1/31 Show Discussion Thread - **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2228222;
    So, next week is an individual challenge! Yaaay!!! 10 different clients (picked at random)- design a bedroom with an $8,000 budget (plus $600 for paint and supplies).
    Oh yeah and design & build the bed yourself!!!
    Winner gets immunity!
    Excellent. This is what I had anticipated. The article was interesting and a promise of good things to come as. There is only one way to go and that is up!
    Last edited by Dogbat; 02-04-2007 at 06:39 AM.

I thought the winning room was interesting and it's the one I would have picked to win. I would have preferred if they added a chaise or comfy chair/ottoman in the room, so that if the person wanted to curl up or lay down, they would be able to. I liked the swing, the sandbox, the chalkboard, the colors in the room (fun but not too bright or intense). I think they captured the spirit and "personality" of the objects.

Most of the other rooms were too serious--not enough of the lightheartedness of the inspiration objects--and some didn't look particularly relaxing to me. I thought the right room lost, though sorry Heather left.

I was not fond of "The White Room". I like it in theory, but it wasn't what I thought it would be. First, why were the judges so far away from the designers? Second, the judges look silly sitting on those chairs--the Project Top Design guys (a.k.a. the Project Rungay guys) said they looked like they were on The Dating Game! Yep. Third, the judges' discussion seem contrived to me. On Project Runway and even Top Chef, at least some of their comments are interesting.

FORT Fogey
    The reason for the distance is to accomodate the cameras; happens on Apprentice and Survivor, as well.

Choosing from a well stocked showroom of high end furniture made the rooms boring. Most any one of us could have designed a decent but boring room with that raw material. And many of us could have done better, myself included. The judges blogs are an interesting read. The editor of Elle did not like the sand box room but consensus deemed it the winner.

The winning room with sandbox left me cold. I am not big on walking in sand and the n walking it all over the floor. A swing? Ok a swing seat like a bench or something but a single swing? I guess I'm not cool enough for that room not to metion my 3 cats would love that sandbox.

FORT Fogey
    The editing was really way off on this episode if you compare what we saw to the judges blogs, especially Johnathan Adlers account. He thought the room with the niche was gorgeous and loved the shoes placed under the table in that one.

What I saw was 3 judges non plussed with any room and only faint praise for the niche. I believe the comment was, 'you are the only ones who changed the space architecturally'.

Clearly the swing won by default, in my observation, anyway.

The opening shots show something being built on a beach and it looks like the bedroom challenge next week will be another diorama unless the 2 second clip was another challenge with a bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by catmom3;2229412;
    The winning room with sandbox left me cold. I am not big on walking in sand and the n walking it all over the floor. A swing? Ok a swing seat like a bench or something but a single swing? I guess I'm not cool enough for that room not to metion my 3 cats would love that sandbox.
    I liked the swing, but the sandbox did not appeal to me at all. I don't think anyone one with cats or kids would like having a large sandbox in the middle of a room. My cats would love it too! I think the other room should have won.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsky;2230163;
    I liked the swing, but the sandbox did not appeal to me at all. I don't think anyone one with cats or kids would like having a large sandbox in the middle of a room. My cats would love it too! I think the other room should have won.
    I didn't even think about that! My cats turn our potted plants into their personal s**tboxes, I'm sure they would LOVE with the sand pit. It would be like a bathroom suite.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by catmom3;2229412;
    The winning room with sandbox left me cold. I am not big on walking in sand and the n walking it all over the floor. A swing? Ok a swing seat like a bench or something but a single swing? I guess I'm not cool enough for that room not to metion my 3 cats would love that sandbox.:kitty
    I'm imagining how it would look like to welcome guests to the room: "Come in, make yourself comfortable but be careful playing in the sandbox! The kitties like to use it!"

Quote Originally Posted by corprip;2230659;
    I didn't even think about that! My cats turn our potted plants into their personal s**tboxes, I'm sure they would LOVE with the sand pit. It would be like a bathroom suite.
    I actually thougth this would make a great room for cats with a few changes. A nice big litterbox in the center, with a swing, now add a few things to climb on, throw around a few cat toys, and my cats have a great room to play in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345