+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1/31 Show Discussion Thread - **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda;2222989;
    Todd is so unnatural when he speaks. For crying out loud, he sounds like a terrible robot.
    I completely agree. I enjoyed the show but I was so irritated listening to him talk. He really needs to work on the delivery of his lines, and maybe use a little enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2223222;
    Someone should tell Lisa (the designer who chose the Chinese Daybed & who was subsequently voted off tonight)- that although Halle Berry is beautiful, she is not a good choice for hair inspiration. At least not when she plays Storm from the X-Men movies anyway.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. How can she not look in the mirror and see that?

I think I'm going to like this show. So far I love Goil and his partner, and Ryan. Michael is kind of annoying, but kind of cute too. He'll probably get on my nerves though. I like Carisa too, but I want to see more from her.

CAN'T STAND JOHN!!! He's so fey and yet he thinks he's so manly. All the little homophobic comments were disgusting too. Maybe it's his way of overcompensating for being in a profession most commonly associated with gay men and socialites.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I enjoyed the episode. I thought that the designs were pretty good.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Someone should tell Lisa (the designer who chose the Chinese Daybed & who was subsequently voted off tonight)- that although Halle Berry is beautiful, she is not a good choice for hair inspiration. At least not when she plays Storm from the X-Men movies anyway.
    I like her hairstyle. It's different.

I really liked the room as well. But then, I simply ADORE Asian furnishings and architectural accents. I'd love to have that daybed!!! That piece was one of the only one out of the two original things that came out of that challenge.

The other unique thing from the show and challenge was the sandbox Goil and his partner put in the room. However, I think that the sandbox idea was STUPID and impractical on so many levels! Keeping the sand from trailing out of the box would drive anyone nuts! The Chinese daybed was much more stylish, edgy, unique in western society, and <gasp!> practical!

This show really isn't impressing me like Project Runway did. Just about all the rooms looked like a combination between Target furnishings, West Elm, Crate and Barrel, with hints of Ikea. If this is the direction the show and the designers are going to go then I'll just stick to shows like Clean House and anything on HGTV.

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2223546;
    I completely agree. I enjoyed the show but I was so irritated listening to him talk. He really needs to work on the delivery of his lines, and maybe use a little enthusiasm.
    that's the funny thing because i remember when i was really little, like 6 or 7, Todd Oldham used to like do segments on House of Fashion with Cindy Crawford, and I used to think he was so cool. But it honestly sounded like a lot of his dialogue was really scripted and maybe re-dubbed in some parts, you know? Hopefully he improves.

the judges are funny. that one judge, the cute girl. she is so funny and she has wicked style :]

Regarding Alexis Arquette

Quote Originally Posted by Lex;2223042;
    Who the hell is that? An Arquette? Never heard of her (or is it a guy in drag? I can't tell.)
    Alexis Arquette IS one of the famous Arquette acting family. (Rosanna=best known from "Desperately Seeking Susan" and the inspiration for the hit song of the same name by Toto, Patricia=best known from NBC's "Medium" and the wife in "Flirting With Disaster," David=best known from "Scream", the old AT&T commercials and for being Mr. Courteney Cox.)

Alexis might have been best known as the Boy George-ish singer/keyboardists/saxophone player in Adam Sandler's "The Wedding Singer." She was also in a season of VH1's The Surreal Life.

Hepcat's right. She's either getting the work done or has had the work done.

Taste-wise, she's as kiki as they come.

pg--Michael is one of the most delusional reality show contestants since pre-reunion show Stephen from Top Chef...hope to see him eat many things, including his words and his insane level of unproven self-confidence--seattle
    Last edited by pg13; 02-01-2007 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Forgot about David Arquette...and sort of proud of that.

FORT Regular
    Jonathan Adler is big news in Soho. He has quite the following among downtown cognoscenti. He does retro 50's ceramics. I've never been too impressed, but I'd never say that out loud to any one professionally. He's Simon Doonen's patrner -in -life (Barney's Creative Director). Without that connection...well.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    THE WEDDING SINGER! That's where I saw her before. I loved her in that movie!!!! Thanks, PG13. I loved her object and I adored what she said about how they'd be the least expensive things in the room. Struck me as very real and humble. I don't know why humility is so important to me, when mixed with celebrity, but it is.

Jonathon Adler is very well known, in design circles. That's what my design centric dad says. My dad's very into 60's, Knoll design and Danish Modern stuff. He'll be thrilled that it's coming back into Vogue.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

That is so funny because all of could think of every time I saw her on the screen was "Storm!! Mistress of the weather!". Haha.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2225210;
    THE WEDDING SINGER! That's where I saw her before. I loved her in that movie!!!! Thanks, PG13. I loved her object and I adored what she said about how they'd be the least expensive things in the room. Struck me as very real and humble. I don't know why humility is so important to me, when mixed with celebrity, but it is.

Jonathon Adler is very well known, in design circles. That's what my design centric dad says. My dad's very into 60's, Knoll design and Danish Modern stuff. He'll be thrilled that it's coming back into Vogue.
    Well her family (the Arquette's) was one of those like hippie commune families, where they grew up in tents and stuff, so i don't think any of them really care much for materialstic things.

anyways, what is up with the theme song, seriously, it was like, gay-er than the Queer Eye theme, i swear, just lots of "hey-hey-heyyy." haha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast