+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carisa

Help me, Fortskateers.

I'm having serious TopChef Marcel reactions to Carisa.

I seem to like her...to understand that she's got some personal quirks that probably annoy people in real life...but I don't understand why other people on the show that I like seem to really hate her.

...just like Marcel.

Here's the thing. Carisa is playing to the cameras constantly...and muttering sarcastic comments. Makes for great tv but in real life, people HATE people that do that.

She blames her problems on Carl, her carpenter...but, so often, it proves that Carl WAS the problem. The REAL problem is that Carisa can't communicate with Carl--she can't get him on her side...and I think that's Carisa's problem WITH EVERYONE on the show. It's fine if everyone just agrees with Carisa and what she wants to do...but she can't seem to show leadership to include people into working well WITH her, nor can she fulfill the role of a teammate without making her comments or trying to change the program back to where she's the focus.

Yet, I find her compelling...funny...and I haven't hated anything she's done yet.

HELP!?!?
    pg

FORT Fogey
    I like Carissa. She is getting the "irritating contestant" edit. I do think Carl is a problem. He works slowly and that means trouble in this format. He may be a perfectionist and cannot speed up for the sake of time. I believe that is why she was not eliminated in the dinning room challenge. The judges may have been privy to Carl being slow and the reason she did not finish.

She has consistantly produced rooms the judges liked.

Before deciding Carisa is getting an unkind edit, I'd suggest a look at the Assistant's Blog:
    Crazy moment #2 involved Carisa and a puppy. Our Production Coordinator just bought a brand new "Puggle" puppy two weeks earlier. It's a mix between a pug and a beagle. [Side note: Everyone was uber-judgey that she bought it from a shopping mall. Apparently, there’s a stigma attached...I had no idea. The implication was that puppies from the mall are like full of worms, disease and genetic defects.]

Anyway, he was cute as hell and appeared to have all his chromosomes. He lived in a cardboard box in the office with a blanket and a wee pad. He made the rounds, mostly suspended in thin air, and was loved by cast and crew alike.

Around 3:30 p.m. on elimination day, a horrible, puppy shriek filled the air. Something was wrong. Very wrong. I ran down the carpeted hallway of the PDC and saw Carisa, with her mouth wide open. She'd dropped the puppy the equivalent of ten dog stories and he was lying on the floor motionless. Luckily, he lived. Let's just say it wasn't the most endearing thing she'd ever done.

Truth be told, Carisa was already on thin ice with her handlers...and this didn't help. Right around episode 6, she'd started to display "diva like" behavior. Stories began to circulate about gruff demands for Diet Cokes (I NEED one like ASAP, ok!?) and other similar offenses. Just like Goil, everyone's true colors were beginning to show.
    She's a puppy dropper AND a Diet Coke Diva (not that there's anything wrong with the latter ). I'm pretty sure she's the one who can't play well with others. She's the common denominator in every group challenge she participated in and had conflict, and it's not like Marcel where everyone universally agreed to hate him/her, but instead she seems to do her best to inject strife in every situation. I don't like her.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Fogey
    Thanks corprip. I keep forgetting to read the blogs. My post just above yours is to be ignored. Dropping a puppy never happens; it is carelessness.

My daughter dropped her classrooms pet hamster..I guess the equivalent of 20 hamster stories and he died. Her excuse was being 8. Carisa excuse? none.

although anyone who would bring a dog-much less a puppy to something like a construction zone has gone to be a bit addled in the brain as well.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fogey
    She's a puppy dropper AND a Diet Coke Diva
    I've been travelling yet managed to tune into all of my reality shows while on the road for two weeks except for this one.

Is this woman not gone yet? And if so, why the heck not?!

I do NOT get the Carissa love from the judges. She's a boring designer and a horrific whiner. Yuck.
    Last edited by Jexter; 04-01-2007 at 11:49 PM.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    I already hated her, but on top of her eye-rolling, sarcastic, leggings-wearing, ugliness, she is also a puppy-dropper!?! Wow, just as evil as I thought she was!
    Obviously, they are only keeping her for the ultimate good vs. evil showdown at the end. There isn't a person who watches this show who would hire such an unprofessional, adolescent bitch. Just what the client needs, all of the subcontractors in their house jumping ship because they couldn't stand working for her. My husband works in construction and there is plenty of work to go around, he wouldn't put up with her crap for 5 minutes.

Repeating myself, perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by pg13;2304676;
    Yet, I find her compelling...funny...and I haven't hated anything she's done yet.
    ...still true.
    pg

Who knew that the heavy use of the color orange could get you so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2315828;
    Who knew that the heavy use of the color orange could get you so far?

So true. That last room was awful. I don't get why she has such a problem with her construction guy either. There must be a lot we aren't seeing. I was really hoping she wouldn't make the final 2.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast