+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ryan

Ryan

Hometown: Ashtabula, Ohio, currently resides in New York City

Profession: Independent Artist

Education: Associate's degree from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, bachelor's degree in fine arts from Ohio University and master's degree in fine arts from Hunter College.

Design style: Art-centric Expressionism

Ryan is not your typical interior designer. He is also an accomplished artist who lives in New York.

He considers all of his education a blessing because he comes from a small industrial town in Ohio where great opportunities were a luxury. He is extremely appreciative of what he has and is not afraid to do whatever it takes to be successful.

Most recently, Ryan took part in the Whitney Museum Independent Study Program. He does a lot of installations and his work has been shown all over the United States, including Caren Golden Fine Arts and DCKT Contemporary in New York, as well as the Kantor Gallery in Los Angeles.

He is a self-proclaimed rock and roll artist who works 24-hours a day and describes his personal style as “half Henry Rollins, half David Lee Roth, with a sprinkle of Evil Knievel.”
    Last edited by hepcat; 02-01-2007 at 11:31 AM.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    This guy is too much. Me no likey.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Yeah, I'm not feeling the whole Hawaiian bowling shirt look. But he's kind of fun and probably the most unique personality among the guys. I'm going to wait and watch on him.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Ryan's room last night made me want to vomit. There is no way I could feel relaxed enough to sleep or focused enough to work in that travesty.

I just question how someone like Ryan got on the show. He has never been to a fabric store & makes fun of interior design. The people who were passed over must be pissed.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2252218;
    I just question how someone like Ryan got on the show. He has never been to a fabric store & makes fun of interior design. The people who were passed over must be pissed.
    Yeah that bothered me too, I took a couple of design classes at the local community college and some of my classmates already had businessesthey do most of their work based on fabics. In fact on one of the design shows the designer made a comment to pick your fabrics first cause you can always match your paint to your fabric but not vice versa. Also his attitude stinks. Why is he on this show. He can paint and he can build/rebuild funiture but he basically puts down designers in general. What is going on???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

He's not a designer. He's an artist and a carpenter. Being a designer versus what he is are two completely different animals on two completely different worlds. The producers probably picked up on his bad-boy demeanor and decided to use him to add a bit of kick@ss to the show.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I agree. I think he's playing the role of the villian.

+ Reply to Thread