+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael

Michael

Hometown: Athol, Massachusetts, currently resides in New York City

Profession: Owner of Michael Adams Interiors

Education: Attended Fashion Institute of Technology (F.I.T.) and Parsons School of Design. Hopes to eventually earn a degree in decorative arts from F.I.T.

Design style: Chic but comfortable

Michael grew up on a farm in Western Massachusetts before moving to New York City to follow his dream.

After working in several different design firms in New York, he currently owns a design firm and is working on designing a 20 million dollar home. He is extremely confident and is not intimidated by designers with more experience.

Michael believes in his own talent and his strong contacts. He is likable, funny and not afraid to ask questions. He will tell you, “I'm polite. I'm kind and I'm very understanding. But, push me too far and I will totally burn your house down."
    Last edited by hepcat; 02-01-2007 at 11:34 AM.

He looks like the kid from "A Christmas Story."

Blech. I didn't care for the room he and John made, and I couldn't stand either of them. The wall color reminded me of a bad diaper day, and the fighting was non-stop. I knew they would keep them.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;2223543;
    He looks like the kid from "A Christmas Story."

Blech. I didn't care for the room he and John made, and I couldn't stand either of them. The wall color reminded me of a bad diaper day, and the fighting was non-stop. I knew they would keep them.
    Yes! He does look like that guy!

They should've put a leg lamp in the room!

Lex
    Michael stikes me as a complete waste of space. I mean, how in the world did he get any experience as an interior designer if he can't do simple things like paint? He seems to think an interior designer's only role is to come up with a layout and design, pick out the furniture, and then let other people do the hard stuff.

The only thing that saved him in this challenge is because he was teamed up with John. If he had to do that by himself, he would've been curled up in the fetal position in a corner somewhere sucking his thumb.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

LG.
    It will be interesting to see what happens in the next challenge when (presumably) Michael and John are not paired up. Michael might have to lower himself and paint *gasp* or build something *the horror*

Not that John wasn't also a pill, but I liked how Todd O told him "learn to paint"
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Can't take this one. He's one of those guys who has to really busy himself with being cutesy wootsy with everyone to feel "liked". He has a very quippy response to anything, always giddy happy and fun fun FUN!!!

His personality is very needy..and I don't think a reality show is what he should have gone on. He's gonna make a fool of himself I think, well, actually...he already did. OK, I think he's going to be exposed as a total flitty-problem child more than a serious designer.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I kind of like him. He has a myspace page and his byline is "easily edited to look evil but I am not." This tells me he knows he's going to get the villain edit on the show, and maybe he's grating enough to deserve some of it, but Andrea Keller (another contestant) had a premier party recently, and she told everyone near her how sweet Michael was. He probably has an annoying personality, but Bravo loves to turn those kind of people into the contestants you love to hate. I can't wait to see what he does when he's given more creative license.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

That's all I need to hear then. Yup, he's doing damage control already...Andrea might just be "helping" him at the party because she feels sorry for the needy lil imp.
    By the sounds of it, he's going to be a mess on the show. I'll be watching.

Nothing against his fans, I just know he won't mesh into my like zone.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

One word to describe Michael- INSECURE.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Maybe we might be being manipulated into hating him... but so far its working pretty well.

On the other hand, I also get the feeling that he's the type to enjoy being pissy and dramatic. He's playing it for all its worth, well aware it will get his puss on screen more.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast