+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt

Separated At Birth?

Has anybody noticed that Matt looks exactly like the guy on Top Chef?

Which guy on Top Chef? I can't think of anybody that Matt looks like from Top Chef. (But then again, I can't seem to remember much any more!)

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2297277;
    Which guy on Top Chef? I can't think of anybody that Matt looks like from Top Chef. (But then again, I can't seem to remember much any more!)
    I think Marcelo or whatever his name is.

I started watching in the middle of the season so when i watched the reruns and found out he was married with a kid I was shock.

He is like the most queenish one out of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2297277;
    I was referring to Marcel the annoying twerp on Top Chef (much like Michael on on Top Design)
    Matt just looks like a happy and far more well adjusted version of
    Marcel

FORT Fogey
    I don't see that at all, physically or in personality.

He is so winning this thing. I don't really mind though, he does well usually with his designs.

FORT Fogey

Re: Matt

I think Matt is great. I love his designs and of all the designers, he seems to be in his element the most. It seems to come so naturally for him. If he loses to Carissa, it will not be pretty.

I agree with Matt's assessment. Carissa does Cariss rooms. She's not flexible.

I would like to have seen Goyle go to the end. I think Matt represents beauty, Goyle represents innovation. I think they both have a lot to offer the world of design. I would like to have seen Goyle in the finals - not one-dimensional, bubble-gum Carissa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2318030;
    I agree with Matt's assessment. Carissa does Cariss rooms. She's not flexible.
    While I agree with that, I haven't really seem Matt stretch beyond "Matt rooms" either. I like his style better than Carissa's but it's not like he's shown a range of design styles.

I dunno, to me most of his designs seem to be sophisticated and chic, but not very exciting.

I'm not excited about any of them, frankly. The only two designs that wow'd me were Goil and Elizabeth's first room and Andrea's chef's room. The G&E room was impractical and silly, but at least it was something I wouldn't have thought of--the rest of them looked like something I could do with less than a $50,000 budget! Andrea's chef's room was amazing, I thought. She really filled the space, made it look like a real room, and it looked chic and expensive. My fav of all the designs this season, I think.

LG.

Congrats to Matt. Hopefully this will be good for his career. I was thinking when I watched the finale that they'd tell the winner he gets to keep the loft he designed, but I guess not. I'm sure his daughter would love that pink princess room now, but in a couple years, pink would be "over" (as my 6 year old has proclaimed, and wants to repaint her room now).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2339705;
    Congrats to Matt. Hopefully this will be good for his career. I was thinking when I watched the finale that they'd tell the winner he gets to keep the loft he designed, but I guess not. I'm sure his daughter would love that pink princess room now, but in a couple years, pink would be "over" (as my 6 year old has proclaimed, and wants to repaint her room now).
    They didn't give him the loft!??

I ended this reality show, feeling completely happy with the winner and the outcome...but that included him getting that loft. Oh well. Pink will be OVA soon anyway.
    I just thought that was a really cool "bonus" for the winner. Also, you just know he was designing it & thinking the same thing as us.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast