+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Andrea

Andrea

Hometown: Los Angeles, California, and currently resides there

Profession: Owner of Berry/Keller Architects, Inc.

Education: Bachelor's degree from University of Pennsylvania, bachelor's degree in design and master's degree in architecture and design from UCLA.

Design style: Modern, bold and cultural

Andrea knew she wanted to be a designer at age seven. Now 36, Andrea already has a successful design career, but feels there is no limit to her success.

Hailing from Los Angeles, she teaches restaurant design and exhibition design at Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles, as well as at University of Southern California. She also owns a very successful design firm in L.A., Berry/Keller Architects, Inc., which specializes in commercial and civic projects.

Andrea is half architect and half designer, and she has shared her expertise with the world in several television programs. Married with two boys, she is part Swiss, speaks four languages, and is in the process of learning two more.

Underneath all the proven accomplishments, Andrea is a self-proclaimed punk rocker, and she prefers to live by the fringe and often dyes her hair pink. She says she thrives on competition and even though she's made it this far, there is no slowing her down.
    Last edited by hepcat; 02-01-2007 at 11:32 AM.

I know we have barely begun to see anything of her yet, but I suspect this bitch is FABULOUS!
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Hhhhholyyyyy CRAP! Look at that man hand!!!
    Holy big hands Batman.. I can just see her ripping into a huge loaf of bread with one hand.. just shredding it in half with one swift oversized hands move.
    Raaahrrr!
    Mammoth manhand.

If it isn't that big, then I must say...that pose shouldn't have been picked as her best shot.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Ugh. She is Sam from Top Chef.

If you are evil, just be evil. Quit flopping back and forth. And if you pretend to be nice, the goal is to fool your competion into thinking that you are nice. You aren't supposed to try to fool yourself. Get some backbone.
    Last edited by miadora; 04-02-2007 at 09:26 PM.

Oh no! If she is Sam, does that mean Carisa is... Ilan!?!?!?! My heart can't take another upset like that again.

I like Andrea. I think she knows it's a competition requiring a little cut-throat attitude, but she's also a professional so she knows too much of that in her field is uncouth. I sort of wish the people on Top Chef 2 had that kind of self-awareness.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Fogey
    She needs a hairstyle like in her pic above, no part showing. She is a pretty girl and very talented.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip;2309868;
    Oh no! If she is Sam, does that mean Carisa is... Ilan!?!?!?! My heart can't take another upset like that again.

Ha. That's funny.

I wasn't an Ilan fan nor am I a huge Carissa fan, but I respect the fact that they are who they are, with no apologies. They speak their minds. They do what they want. None of this second-guessing themselves. None of this wishy-washy personality stuff. I can watch wishy-washy personalities in action at work, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I don't want to be subjected to a bunch of wishy-washy people in my free time.
    Last edited by miadora; 04-03-2007 at 01:51 PM.

3rd place finish. I guess she really was Sam.

I found her designs to be a little too heavy sometimes, but she definitely deserved to be in the finale over Carissa.

Though to be honest I didn't like her magazine inspired room. It felt flet to me. But still, overall she was miles better than Carissa.

Re: Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by NoBody;2317754;
    I found her designs to be a little too heavy sometimes, but she definitely deserved to be in the finale over Carissa.

Though to be honest I didn't like her magazine inspired room. It felt flet to me. But still, overall she was miles better than Carissa.
    I guess that's why there are different designs for different people's taste because I prefer Carisa's stuff over Andrea's. I haven't liked much of what she has done, even the garage design she won I thought was more because she knew how to sell it to the people than it was a better design over some of the others we saw.

+ Reply to Thread