+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Wearstler - Judge

Kelly Wearstler - Judge

“Top Design” series judge Kelly Wearstler ranks among the design industry's most influential new tastemakers. Acclaimed for trendsetting designs, Kelly is the founder and principal of the award-winning Los Angeles-based firm Kelly Wearstler Interior Design.

As the lead creative eye and lifestyle muse for the boutique Viceroy resorts in Southern California, Miami, South Beach, Anguilla and Mexico's Riviera Maya, she has helped make the Viceroy name synonymous with polish, glamour and wit. In addition, she is leading the aesthetic vision for The Tides, a growing collection of vibrantly chic beach resorts in South Beach and the Caribbean.

Luxury design aficionados also recognize Kelly for her creative transformation of the BG restaurant and lounge at Manhattan's Bergdorf Goodman; her celebrity and executive residential designs in Beverly Hills and Hollywood; and her books Domicilium Decoratus and Modern Glamour (Regan Books / HarperCollins).

Kelly's exclusive rug, wallpaper and fabric collections are currently available to design professionals, and her signature bedding, dinnerware and table linens will debut at fine retailers nationwide throughout 2007.

I really like Kelly's interior design work. She has two books out; Domicilium Decoratus & Modern Glamour: The Art of Unexpected Style.

She has an incredible eye, usually utilizing just one or two colors (usually bold, unexpected colors combined with neutrals). She mixes retro, glam & natural objects. Her website is http://www.kwid.com/ (Kelly Wearstler Interior Design).

She is one of the designers responsible for reviving the "Hollywood Regency" style (created by Dorothy Draper in the 30s & 40s) that is popular right now (it's also sometimes called neo-baroque).

And she was a Playboy Playmate!!!- September 1994 (her name was Kelly Gallagher at the time).
    Last edited by Runway victim; 02-02-2007 at 04:05 AM.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

She reminds me of Amanda from Ugly Betty
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by babymay;2241382;
    She reminds me of Amanda from Ugly Betty
    AH HA! That is it. Thanks.

What a talented and beautiful woman. Her website is worth a look.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Next Project Runway challenge: Dress Kelly Wearstler like an adult with a sense of design!
    Last edited by dogabone; 02-21-2007 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Program titles should be italicized.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

Her hair was out of control last night.

Shave the head. That hair was way too much a distraction.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I agree Kelly is beautiful (she is a former model), her photos in Modern Glamour are stunning.

But last night when I saw her in that dress with that hair......

I thought "Laura Bennett is on Top Design....and she stuck her finger in a light socket".
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey
    I loved the hair and Kelly's fashion sense. It was a cool look for a change and certainly more interesting than any of the rooms.

FORT Newbie
    Kelly's husband is the real estate developer Brad Korzen whose firms develops most of the hotels that Kelly designs, including Avalon, Viceroy, and Maison 140.

It's nice to be able to exclusively design hotels for your husband's business. Not saying she does not have talent but it really is nice when you don't have to worry about making a living while you build your business not to mention the maids/nannies/drivers and built in connections that your husband can provide you.

Having said that, I am assuming he put her on the map and not vice versa. If anyone knows otherwise, please comment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast