+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About the show

About the show

From the official site.

Off the heels of the critically acclaimed “Top Chef” and the Emmy-nominated hit “Project Runway,” Bravo's newest reality competition series “Top Design” offers a behind the scenes look at the creative, competitive and client-driven interior design business at the highest level.

The series features twelve aspiring interior designers who are united in their quest to create the “Top Design” in each episode in the series as they vie for cash to start their own design firm and a spot in one of New York's finest designer showcases. Production, which begins this month, will take place in Los Angeles.

“This highly anticipated new series puts the spotlight on interior design,” said Frances Berwick, Executive Vice President, Programming and Production, Bravo. “Los Angeles is an exciting and colorful backdrop that will give our competing interior designers the chance to utilize all the city has to offer, while giving viewers a peek inside their creative and challenging world.”

In “Top Design,” high pressure, eccentric personalities and creative egos combine to fuel the next big hit in competition reality. Aspiring and professional interior design contestants will converge and compete in a series of challenges to create the “Top Design” while living in a decked-out studio loft as they are inspired and critiqued by professionals who are leaders in their chosen field.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    What was the name of that design competition on HGTV?

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2181667;
    What was the name of that design competition on HGTV?
    Design Star
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Thanks. I wonder if which one will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2182792;
    Thanks. I wonder if which one will be better.
    I was kinda surprised to hear about this show and my first reaction is that it is a blatent rip off HGTV's Design Star. But really, Design Star was not that high end, rather cheesy in fact so if Top Design is done by the same people who brought us Project Runway and Top Chef I know that the quality will be high and I look forward to watching. If nothing else from the trailers they have got some real big egos on the show and it should be fun to watch.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

WOW! And these mostly established designers need TV exposure because???...oh, yah...publicity. Only a few young'uns sprinkled among the almost middle-aged crowd. The judges will probably be "hipper" than the contestants. It will be fun to watch the egos having arguments with themselves.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2183508;
    WOW! And these mostly established designers need TV exposure because???...oh, yah...publicity. Only a few young'uns sprinkled among the almost middle-aged crowd. The judges will probably be "hipper" than the contestants. It will be fun to watch the egos having arguments with themselves.
    Yeap, a bunch of 'queens' going after each other. That will be fun.

So does everyone think it will be more drama and less design? PR and TC seem to be favoring drama lately.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2183755;
    So does everyone think it will be more drama and less design? PR and TC seem to be favoring drama lately.
    Well I think there will be design and drama, that is the best combination.

i hope australia can see this show

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast