+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Extreme - premieres Summer 2014 - News & Speculation

Top Chef Extreme - premieres Summer 2014 - News & Speculation

Bravo Media Greenlights New Culinary Competition Series "Top Chef Extreme"

New Head-to-Head Format Pits Chef'testants From Past Seasons Against One Another to Answer the Question - Who is the Ultimate "Top Chef?"

[01/16/14 - 08:05 AM]
    [via press release from Bravo]

New York, NY - January 16, 2014 - Bravo Media is set to pour salt in old wounds with the greenlight of the brand new culinary competition series "Top Chef Extreme" (working title) which will premiere in Summer 2014.

In each episode of the newest extension of the Emmy and James Beard Award-winning franchise, two of the biggest, boldest and most talked-about personalities from "Top Chef" and "Top Chef Masters'" past seasons will face off head-to-head in three rounds of extreme culinary challenges. The winners of each of these dream chef'testant battles will all compete against one another in the season finale in a definitive battle royal of pure gastronomic talent and ambition. In the end, old rivalries will be settled and one chef will cut down the competition to win the grand prize and, more importantly, ultimate culinary bragging rights.

"Top Chef" fans are encouraged to share their dream chef'testant battle pairings on Top Chef's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TOPCHEF or on Twitter @BravoTopChef using #TopChefExtreme.

"Top Chef Extreme" (wt) is produced by Magical Elves for Bravo, with Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz serving as executive producers.
    I'll always give another Top Chef spinoff a chance...they certainly have enough returning chefs to rotate in and out.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Top Chef Extreme - premieres Summer 2014 - News & Speculation

I couldn't help but notice that the article talked bout casting the "biggest, boldest, and most talked-about personalities," but said nothing about the best chefs. Sigh.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I can't tell from the description if each episode have one previous Top Chef contestant and one previous Top Chef Masters contestant, or if it can be any combination of previous contestants...?

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I can't tell from the description if each episode have one previous Top Chef contestant and one previous Top Chef Masters contestant, or if it can be any combination of previous contestants...?
    It seems like it will be a random mixture from both. I think they are looking to do their own version of Iron Chef, or Chopped -- something with a more aggressive edge to it than the rest of the franchise.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I couldn't help but notice that the article talked bout casting the "biggest, boldest, and most talked-about personalities," but said nothing about the best chefs. Sigh.
    I hope that's just a selling point. The Bravo site shows pics of past champs, like Kish, Qui, Voltaggio, etc. It's hard to imagine crowning an Ultimate Top Chef w/o throwing names like that into the mix.

I would imagine they'll use less-famous former cheftestants -- I would imagine they have plans for another All-Stars season at some point.

Blais vs. Michael Voltaggio and done. I don't even know who wins. Probably Voltaggio. But whatever they put on, I'll watch as long as they keep Marcel off my TV screen.

I love the Voltaggio brothers! Their season together was really good. I agree, if both Blais and a Voltaggio are on, one of them will win lol.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I would imagine they'll use less-famous former cheftestants -- I would imagine they have plans for another All-Stars season at some point.
    But All-Stars I featured runner-ups. If they were going to use runner-ups again, why wouldn't they just call it All-Stars II? If you're going to put pics of past champions on the site and call the winner the Ultimate Top Chef, don't you have to use title holders?

I'd like to see Paul Qui vs Marcus Samuelsson, Kristen Kish vs Stephanie Izard, Michael V vs Douglas Keane (to see if MV is really better than Bryan V--Tom says he is), Blais vs Cosentino (molecular magic vs offal transmutation), and if he wins or is the finalist in TC NO Carlos vs Bayless.

Marcel?

Oh, HELL, no!

If HE'S in it, much as I LOVE TC, count me OUT.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast