Re: Top Chef Seattle 1/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

HOORAY!

Josie has finally been toppled!

cubsfan55 and mesachick like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Josh: Thank God the Josie Show has been canceled. Her and her laugh -
    And maybe, Josh, your 'stache can go next. :-{
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Sorry for the sporadic coverage, folks. I was watching the Bulls game and missed a lot of what was happening on TC, but hopefully you got what you needed to know.

Til next week...

CIAO!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Oh, thank heaven :-) Like others above, I was worried that she was going to skate through yet again...but maybe it finally occurred to the judges just how many times she had skated through and they had enough.

And seriously...it was *fried chicken*. It's not that hard, especially when you have fryers and big vats of oil. I'm not sure why so many of them made such a big deal out of it.

I wish Brooke had explained that she had plans for the skin but it just didn't come together. Of course maybe she did and it was edited out or maybe she saw Josie and Stefan's trains derailing and kept her mouth shut and her head down in hopes they would forget she was standing there too!

FORT Fogey

I seriously think Tom might have spontaneously combusted if Josie had slipped by again. He made it plain in his comments to her that he had zero use for her and her excuses. And honestly, I think he was right. Even if Brooke's chicken was dry and/or overcooked, I'd still rather eat dry/overcooked chicken than chicken swimming in grease. Even the idea of that grease slick on the banana leaf made me slightly nauseous.

But I think what really cooked Josie's goose--or fried her chicken--was her stupidity in telling the judges that everyone else who'd tasted her chicken had loved it, including Brooke (who rolled her eyes over that comment--did Josie really expect her to help her case?). Everyone should know by now that questioning the judges' comments is a bad idea. It's an especially bad idea when the judging panel is stacked with uber-famous chefs that even most people who don't care all that much about cooking would probably know, by name if not by sight. She should have known Tom would absolutely call her out on that.

BTW, I loved the look Kristin gave her when Josie showed up in LCK.
    ness likes this.

So happy Josie's secret recipe bombed. So happy Josh cooked something without bacon, though he did put bacon in his sushi dish.

Loved Tom's home overlooking the bay - wow! He must be doing VERY well for himself.

The show just keeps rolling along and makes me anxious for the final three and who they will incorporate back into the final challenge - the LCK winner or the fan vote winner. Perhaps they will bring them both back when it gets to final two. This suspense keeps it interesting this season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

You know I honestly just don't care anymore;I didn't even bother watching last night. After last week I am totally done with this show.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I think there is too much wine at this table!
    Honestly, the raw footage of that dining table would probably be totally non-airable but fantastic watching. A bunch of chefs who know each other, wine, and some grist in the form of the food and cheftestants? I'm sure there were some REALLY juicy discussions that were left out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    So happy Josie's secret recipe bombed. So happy Josh cooked something without bacon, though he did put bacon in his sushi dish.

Loved Tom's home overlooking the bay - wow! He must be doing VERY well for himself.

The show just keeps rolling along and makes me anxious for the final three and who they will incorporate back into the final challenge - the LCK winner or the fan vote winner. Perhaps they will bring them both back when it gets to final two. This suspense keeps it interesting this season.
    I live in Seattle, and Tom doesn't have a home around here, to my knowledge. I'm sure that the production company just leased the home featured in last night's episode for him during filming.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast