+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By NCLurker
  • 1 Post By Little Sew&Sew
  • 1 Post By Arielflies
  • 3 Post By Dragonlady

Thread: Top Chef Seattle 12/26 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Top Chef Seattle 12/26 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Jalapeno Business – "The foodies harvest oysters and then prepare them for judge Emeril Lagasse. Later, they serve up fare for a Seattle sports team—and host Padma Lakshmi makes an appearance on roller skates."

Hmm...enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

To the Point

Re: Top Chef Seattle 12/26 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Well, since no one has posted I will make my inane comment.....Josie needs to go! I honestly do not think I could handle being around her. She (at least her edit) is the very definition of obnoxious!

I can't believe that it was another week where Josie ended up in the bottom but wasn't the one sent home. They're toying with our emotions ;-)

The two winning dishes looked great! And the two dishes in the bottom deserved to be there. (At least from appearances, anyway.)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

One word about this episode (and I'll keep it PG) . . . . . . darn!

You know you're pretty obnoxious when your behavior at a roller derby is seen as unacceptable. Josey's been thru this before and she's still putting out unappetizing food. Bart should have stayed. Seemed like a cool guy.
    Florimel likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I like Bart. I like underseasoning - please. He can underseason my food anytime, any place.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Apparently Josie is getting on everyone's nerves....good lord but she can be obnoxious...and she's so loud it's hard to ignore...feel for the other chefs.

But what really really annoyed me and I think I can say, found absolutely reprehensible is what she said to Micah.
    I'm not generally a "human rights marcher" nor do I point fingers at others for the "perceived racism" that I see so much, particularly with celebs, always wanting to say what is "in" at the moment. And I'm very Conservative.

But one thing I hold dear is Privacy and Personal Freedom.
    How dare her insinuate something that she would know nothing about with Micah?!! It's none of her freakin' business.
    She (and anyone) can complain all she wants about someone's actions to you or with you but private lives are just that.

And what if someone (I don't think it applies to Micah) is unsure or confused or troubled about their sexuality (any or all)??? Don't they have the right to decide that stuff by themselves?
    Who the heck said everything about you has to be made public??!!! Are people's sex lives supposed to be posted on Facebook now?
    And if you don't know "who" you are already, are you less than someone who does, as Josie implied??
    Sorry...that just angered me a lot. Guess that's obvious...
    Florimel, Hyper and sparklete like this.

What got me about Josie's little outburst was the irony and absurdity of her intednded accusation--isn't Josie a practicing homosexual? Why on earth would she use that to insult someone like it's something he should be ashamed of? This woman is all kinds of messed up....

FORT Fogey

I didn't take her accusation as meaning it was something to be ashamed of. Since he is married to a woman (I think) I took it to be that Josie THINKS he's gay, but it denying it in his day to day life. In other words, she's decided that he is ashamed of being gay - and sees it as an insult to her as a woman who is proud and comfortable with who she is. That part MIGHT make sense, except that I think he knows more about his own sexuality than Josie does. I'm not sure why exactly Josie had decided that he's gay and hiding it, but I thought it was rather arrogant of her to make the comment on something where she clearly doesn't know him well enough to know the facts.

Micah said that he's a single dad--so, who knows what that means?

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I didn't take her accusation as meaning it was something to be ashamed of. Since he is married to a woman (I think) I took it to be that Josie THINKS he's gay, but it denying it in his day to day life. In other words, she's decided that he is ashamed of being gay - and sees it as an insult to her as a woman who is proud and comfortable with who she is. That part MIGHT make sense, except that I think he knows more about his own sexuality than Josie does. I'm not sure why exactly Josie had decided that he's gay and hiding it, but I thought it was rather arrogant of her to make the comment on something where she clearly doesn't know him well enough to know the facts.
    Even if it were true, which is something I neither know or care about, why on earth would it be any of her business in the first place? Josie can't be gone soon enough for me. She's the type of contestant that makes me avoid a show.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread