+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Top Chef 1/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef 1/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Restaurant Wars! Which usually means a really good chef goes home before his/her time...

Please keep all discussion in here until 11PM PT / 2AM ET.

Enjoy the war!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Top Chef 1/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Do they go out of their way to hire the most scatter-brained servers? Or is that part of the challenge?

I think it is part of the challenge!

Feeling Lindsey will get the axe. But wish Sara would go, tired of her attitude.

But also seeing that Bev is soooooooooo not a team player. She does the least amount in each challenge and is passive aggressive. She didn't deserve Heather's berating, but I will be disappointed if she makes it to the end.

Last challenge she didn't do a meat course and this challenge she did one dish to the two the others were doing.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Oh thank goodness that they put food before service in judging! Guys will be on the hot plate!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I just don't think it is fair for the FOH person to have to seat every single table. There is not one restaurant I go to that would be expected to be Top Chef food caliber that has only one person at the hostess station, unless the hostess hands off the customers to a ready waiter. I don't know if the FOH person could hand off the "regular" customers to the waiters within the rules. Obviously, the FOH person should seat the judges though.

HOLY CRAP!!!!! Just looked up to see Bev won. She deserves that wine and I hope she doesn't share, unless with Grayson.
    Shoepie and rfromp like this.

Sad to see Ty go. I think it should have been Chris. He did the least and two of the judges clearly wanted him gone but Tom liked his dish. *sigh*

Aww, I liked Ty a lot (despite his goofy name spelling). I agree, AsIs, Chris should have gone for his under-performance tonight, his bad grilling skills last week, and good gods, that hair!!!!
    Yardgnome, AsIs, ness and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Aww, I liked Ty a lot (despite his goofy name spelling). I agree, AsIs, Chris should have gone for his under-performance tonight, his bad grilling skills last week, and good gods, that hair!!!!
    Buddy-boy looks like he doused his head in at LEAST half a bottle of Vitalis or something!

Yep, Bev doesn't have two logical brain cells to rub together, but nope, she DIDN'T deserve how she was talked to and treated tonight. But then again, that's HER fault. I mean, let's get real about this . . . Nobody can ride you if you don't bend your back and let them climb on.

As for Sara (?) . . .

Kinda looks to me like she's stepped up to take over the MegaBitch crown that Heather once sported.

And Lindsay (?) sure looks like she's standing NEXT in line for it.

SUCH nasty cows!
    FireWoman, Shoepie and sparklete like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

The coin toss was in the women's team favor. They were so fortunate to be able to eat and observe the guys before their performance the next day. I have only seen the guys so far but know who won and see that the women were able to scheme lots more and get psyched up in a way that the guys could not.

Fun show so far! But sad to know that Ty goes...

I agree, ness, Sarah is definitely being mega-"witch" to Bev now. I'd probably pop her one right in her little girl nose, if she talked down to me the way she does to Bev, mostly but seems ok to do w/anyone in her way. She seemed ok in the beginning but her true self is coming out, for sure.
    How come she said she had 3 dishes to prepare/present? Did I miss something here?
    The judges seemed to have really loved Bev's short ribs and although, she seems at times to be pathetic, she produced something really good. Probably bugged the heck out of Sarah...who I'm sure found someway to diminish Bev's win.
    Hated to see Ty-Lor (shame on his mother for spelling the guy's name that way!) go but I think he and Paul saw the writing on the wall when they tasted it and found it unseasoned.
    For quite awhile, I liked Lindsy best but not after tonight. Do they all feel the need to be nasty and mean? Not Grayson...she's been entirely fair and I liked her telling Lindsey not to blame Bev for the fish but rather her wanting it cooked a certain way.
    Sarah and Lindsey sure didn't try to hide their disapproval of Bev's win.
    Also, why does Padma eat from her knife?? Is that some kind of continental way of using silverware that I'm not familiar with?
    rfromp likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast