+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Top Chef 12/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef 12/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Yet another team challenge -- when are they going to learn?

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Top Chef 12/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Wow...quiet in here tonight ;-)

I watched Psych and recorded Top Chef, but I always catch up with "Last Chance Kitchen" at 11 pm. I was bummed that Nyesha was sent home and glad she won LCK. (But I don't remember seeing any spoilers about them sending two home tonight, so that was a bit of a surprise.)

Geez--what is wrong with Heather?

So far the only really likeable chefs are Ed and the guy that was Sarah's partner tonight.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Congrats to Ed & Ty! I've read a lot of comments about Ed's side-jaw movement thing and I realized THAT is why he reminds me so much of a guy I work with. Weirdly, my co-worker is a kick-ass chef for being a patent attorney.

This Heather chick is a bully. And I *hate* the over-use of that word, but that's what she is. It's a bummer that Dakota and Nyesha went home instead. I like near-raw meat, so I would have loved that venison.

I'm totally with you, PhoneGrrrl, about Heather the bully. I also hate the word's overuse in recent times but that's exactly what I called her tonight to my DH. There was absolutely no need to bring up her problem with Bev from the last challenge. And it didn't work the way she wanted with the judges either. I'm sure she'll stay for awhile for the drama effect.
    DH thinks Ed's jaw was broken at one time.
    I laughed out loud when Padma asked Chris "Kabuki Man" why he cut the sweet potato the way he did. Scripted much??!!! Otherwise, why on earth would she question that of all things?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm totally with you, PhoneGrrrl, about Heather the bully. I also hate the word's overuse in recent times but that's exactly what I called her tonight to my DH. There was absolutely no need to bring up her problem with Bev from the last challenge. And it didn't work the way she wanted with the judges either. I'm sure she'll stay for awhile for the drama effect.
    DH thinks Ed's jaw was broken at one time.

I laughed out loud when Padma asked Chris "Kabuki Man" why he cut the sweet potato the way he did. Scripted much??!!! Otherwise, why on earth would she question that of all things?
    I think it was obvious to question the sweet potatoes. There was a square with a hole in the middle with a fry sticking through the middle. It was very odd!

Heather is aggressive and overbearing. Very unpleasant woman. I am just waiting to hear the cliche "I didn't come here to make friends, I came here to win" pop out of her loud, obnoxious mouth. Beverly, her polar opposite is equally annoying.

My favorite chef is Nyesha and she won Last Chance Kitchen! Of course, to get back in she has to beat many, many more. Here is hoping.

I don't like to see an entire team go down. With so many chefs we may see that again.

The food was boring tonight. I love game, very much, but not fun to watch traditional food preparation.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 12-15-2011 at 05:43 AM.

I was shocked that Dakota and Nyesha were sent packing. I thought for sure it would be Heather and Bev. Bev used to annoy me but no so much anymore. Heather has her beat in that department now.

So, so glad Nyesha won LCK!!!!

FORT Fogey

I hate double eliminations where a pair of chefs is sent home for a mistake that was basically the fault of one of them--even Dakota told all the other chefs that Nyesha shouldn't be going home, that it was entirely her fault for screwing up something she's made successfully many times before. If she hadn't, they might even have won, because the judges seemed to love the rest of the plate, which was Nyesha's doing.

I wish they could have sent home the two people who made the biggest mistakes, regardless of which teams they'd been on, because then they could have sent home Dakota (I don't might her, but she did screw up the venison big time) and Heather, whose behavior was abominable. You can tell that the rest of the chefs really do not like the way she's behaving, and honestly, is her food good enough to back up her big talk? It hasn't seemed that way to me.

I'm starting to really like Ed, simply because, in contrast to Heather, he respects his competitors. I wish more contestants on reality shows would get that it's possible to be competitive without behaving as if those with whom you're competing have no talent whatsoever. Or that whatever talent they have is vastly inferior to yours.
    Shoepie, Arielflies and sparklete like this.

Heather knows that a cut up, like her, may get more time on camera and stay more weeks. I wonder if she is using that to be one of the drama queens they keep for interest purposes.

Why else would she stand there in front of the judges and not only admit to bad food, but that she's a jerk too. "Hey judges, not only did we have the poorest food presented, but I am a difficult person to get along with. I can't let well enough alone and I will diss my partner, even if it hurts me, just because I want eveybody to know what a bad asp I am." PLEASE.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Heather knows that a cut up, like her, may get more time on camera and stay more weeks. I wonder if she is using that to be one of the drama queens they keep for interest purposes.

Why else would she stand there in front of the judges and not only admit to bad food, but that she's a jerk too. "Hey judges, not only did we have the poorest food presented, but I am a difficult person to get along with. I can't let well enough alone and I will diss my partner, even if it hurts me, just because I want eveybody to know what a bad asp I am." PLEASE.
    This is one show that does not keep the drama for entertainment sake. Tom has been very clear about that. He has said in several interviews, early on, that he did not want to be part of a show where the judges decision would be overridden by the network. The food speaks for itself. Yes, the Bravo disclaimer accompanies all of its reality shows but I feel confident this show has integrity. That said, if the judges cannot agree on their decision because two dishes are equally flawed, then I would say Tom would agree to give a nod to their wishes. But I bet that almost never happens.

I do not think Heather is acting out to stay longer. I don't think she has a grip on how she appears. Well, she does now! Nothing like seeing yourself on TV. Tiffany ate some humble pie on her season and changed because of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast