+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Top Chef 11/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef 11/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The episode is called "The Heat Is On" -- do they have to cook in the fires of Hell?

Please keep all discussion in here until 11PM PT / 2AM ET.

Enjoy the BBQ!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Top Chef 11/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Great show. I watched some of my favs go home and some stay, so I'm ok w/who stayed.
    What a fabulous house!
    So far Emiril has been so quiet and low key. Maybe he's trying to show us that besides the "Bam" guy, he's still serious about excellent cooking. I have no idea why but I'm just not fond of Hugh Acheson. Could it be those eyebrows....or should I say "unibrow?"
    I was pretty impressed with the guy that cut his hand. Nothing was going to stop him. Such a difference from him to the ones on these shows, usually Hell's Kitchen, who play the poor injured victim.

I think the guy who cut his hand will be a force to be reckoned with too. He wants it bad. Hope he can keep up that passion. Other than him I really don't have any favorites yet. Guess I need to see more of who has the bad attitudes. Can't wait to get thru this pre- stuff and on to the real quick fires and challenges.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Hootie Hoo!

FORT Fogey

The man who cut his hand has a habit with his jaw that is distracting. He slides it to the left while talking and even just listening. It is either a nervous habit or he has a jaw problem and has to adjust it constantly.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jacqueline365 View Post
    I think the guy who cut his hand will be a force to be reckoned with too. He wants it bad. Hope he can keep up that passion. Other than him I really don't have any favorites yet. Guess I need to see more of who has the bad attitudes. Can't wait to get thru this pre- stuff and on to the real quick fires and challenges.
    Amen to the idea of getting through he preliminaries. Honestly, two weeks just to figure out who's actually going to be on the show? I'd just as soon start with the cast in place and go from there. Besides, it's just somehow mean to put people through the possibility of being on the show for up to three competitions (for those on the bubble twice) before sending them home before they even have a chance to be on the actual show. Do the auditions, or whatever they've been doing up to this point, before the show begins. I know someone always has to go home first, but watching that many people go home before the show even truly starts is depressing.
    Duckyface and jacqueline365 like this.

I was happy to see a contestant make it through from my home state. I can't recall his name. He's a big guy from Wilmington, NC. He seems nice enough and I think the judges were impressed with his dish. I'll keep tuning in to see how far he goes.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Did anyone onw watch Last Chance Kitchen?? love it. Tom and 2 chefs.. Nice to see Andrew still in it.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    Did anyone onw watch Last Chance Kitchen?? love it. Tom and 2 chefs.. Nice to see Andrew still in it.
    I watched Last Chance a couple of hours after I saw the new episode. I would have been happy with either of them advancing.

I started a thread for all the Last Chance episodes: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...avotv-com.html
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The man who cut his hand has a habit with his jaw that is distracting. He slides it to the left while talking and even just listening. It is either a nervous habit or he has a jaw problem and has to adjust it constantly.
    Hmmmm, my DH commented on that guy also, saying he thought he had once had his jaw broken. I never noticed a thing.
    And I agree, let's get on with the QuickFires and Challenges!

Did anyone else notice that when the guy that cut his hand and then had it bound and gloved, later in the evening lost both the glove and the bandage. When he entered the residence I looked for evidence of stitching, but didn't see any or any sort of injury to his hand. Am I crazy?
    Debb70 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast