+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top Chef Masters 6/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef Masters 6/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Returning soldiers get an excellent meal...we hope.

Please keep all discussion in here until 11PM PT / 2AM ET.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Top Chef Masters 6/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Yay! I got the top three I wanted :-)

But I hated the fact that the chefs had to do all their own prep...cooking for 100 people in that amount of time is a lot of work. (They all seemed to pull it off, though, but I wonder how different the menus would have been if they'd been given just one assistant.)

The Quick Fire was funny...no one recognized their teammate (all were family members).

This show has become very entertaining but seems to have lost a lot of people's attention. It's unusual that I find myself liking all the chefs. I'll be happy with whoever wins. They're all very very good and decent people. I can't say the same for one of the judges, James Oseland. I'm not sure why he irritates me so much but he definitely does. He always needs to find something about everyone's dish to condemn, sometimes such minor things. Seems like he needs to justify why he's there. Tonight, when he explained why he didn't like the salad was ridiculous. I like lots of different things in salads and so do a lot of people. Pomegranate seeds are a great addition to boring salad.

FORT Fogey

I enjoyed it. It improved when the numbers dwindled but still needs improvement. I had to go back into the show to see what Mary Sue made when they announced her as winner. They could have shown it in the lower left had corner. Easy fix; go back to the old format.

This challenge was confusing to them because they were told to please their military man. They did and got a slap on the hand for not making their food fancier. This was just wrong. Floyd even talked to a judge about this and she agreed, please your guy.

Amazing that they did not recogize the voices of their relatives. No one had their spouse there, though. That would not have fooled them.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Yay! I got the top three I wanted :-)

But I hated the fact that the chefs had to do all their own prep...cooking for 100 people in that amount of time is a lot of work. (They all seemed to pull it off, though, but I wonder how different the menus would have been if they'd been given just one assistant.)

The Quick Fire was funny...no one recognized their teammate (all were family members).
    I said the same thing to my family about the fact they had no one to help them and they had to prepare a big meal. The premise was they were supposed to be making this great meal to welcome back/honor soldiers yet didn't give the chefs a lot of time or extra help. I'm all for competition, but this show is supposed to be about giving to charities and this particular one was to honor soldiers so it was weird the way the producers executed it. It would still be a competition even with help.

I've never liked the way they tell the chefs to make the meal pleasing to the customer and then complain because it's not fancy enough. The soldiers all had the food they wanted. If they don't want fancy food that isn't the chef's fault.

It was so touching that Floyd was given that coin. We were teary eyed around here. The whole thing was special, the fact the soldier gave it to him, and how much it meant to Floyd. I liked how he said he'd already won.

I'm very happy with the final three, and will be happy with whomever wins, but Floyd is still my number one choice. Despite the change in format - that I still hate - it's always so cool to watch the top chefs and how so many of them are so kind and genuinely nice. Their niceness shines through even though the format has changed. Even last week it was interesting to see the chefs reaction to Hugh leaving. We've obviously been shown one dimension of him. The chefs were talking about how funny he was and how they would miss him.

FORT Fogey

I didn't understand Floyds tears about that coin. It was a thank you gift.

+ Reply to Thread