+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Masters 4/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef Masters 4/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in here until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Top Chef Masters 4/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Well at least the self important snotty contestant is gone, now if we can only get rid of the snotty self important judge.

Who? Who?

FORT Fogey

The vegetarian Indian guy. I can't remember his name. Honestly, I can't remember any of their names.

Is anyone else having a much harder time with this format for Masters than the original one? I enjoyed that format. This one just doesn't work as well for me. It's fine for regular Top Chef, but I liked the slightly more relaxed format for Masters.

FORT Fogey

I just don't like the Masters when I don't recognize any of the chefs. The first couple of seasons, they had some chefs I had not heard of, but many many who I had heard of, or at least I'd heard of their restaurants. This season, I don't know who any of them are. What is the fun of watching famous chefs in the Top Chef format if the chefs aren't really famous?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    The vegetarian Indian guy. I can't remember his name. Honestly, I can't remember any of their names.

Is anyone else having a much harder time with this format for Masters than the original one? I enjoyed that format. This one just doesn't work as well for me. It's fine for regular Top Chef, but I liked the slightly more relaxed format for Masters.
    I'm having a much harder time. If I were one of the chefs from this season, I'd be really angry, because they are being portrayed as if they are regular, scrappy Top Chef contestants who haven't achieved as much. With the old format, I knew that there was a reason the chefs were picked, even the ones I didn't know, because they were celebrated and respected by the host and judges. We got to know the reasons why they are Masters.

This season doesn't even look like a regular Top Chef, it look like a bad ripoff of Top Chef. It's like the first season of The Fashion Show compared to Project Runway. All these format changes were a major, major blunder on the part of the producers. I can barely watch it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'm having a much harder time. If I were one of the chefs from this season, I'd be really angry, because they are being portrayed as if they are regular, scrappy Top Chef contestants who haven't achieved as much. With the old format, I knew that there was a reason the chefs were picked, even the ones I didn't know, because they were celebrated and respected by the host and judges. We got to know the reasons why they are Masters.

This season doesn't even look like a regular Top Chef, it look like a bad ripoff of Top Chef. It's like the first season of The Fashion Show compared to Project Runway. All these format changes were a major, major blunder on the part of the producers. I can barely watch it.

I think the comparison to The Fashion Show is quite apt. I liked the more relaxed format for the original Top Chef Masters, with fewer contestants and a fun attitude in the wine room, or whatever they call their version of the steam room. This time around, it doesn't even seem like the Masters are enjoying themselves. I can't imagine why any future "Masters" would even want to be involved.

Unibrow annoys me more that the vegetarian chef from India.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Unibrow annoys me more that the vegetarian chef from India.
    I liked Suvir (the Indian chef). Loved his sense of humor and did not mind his outspoken personality. He grew up eating the way he eats now. It wasn't a decision he just came into. I don't mind him making the veggie burger. I have had veggie burgers that were tasty. Although I would not want to eat that way all the time, once in awhile certainly wouldn't be an imposition. I think his point was that if you give it a chance, you just might like it. He didn't convey that very well, probably because he was too busy dissing beef.

The guy with one eyebrow (Hugh Acheson) bugs the crap outta me . . . even when he's just standing there with his mouth shut (which isn't often) Someone on FB has called him Hugh-nibrow! Thought they made the right decision when he was the first to go . . . then they turned around and brought him back!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

I don't really like any of them this season. But I clapped when Suvir was told to 'pack his knives and leave'. Very pompous and I detest ayone forcing their opinion about food down my throat. I eat what I want to. Thank you, Suvir.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast