+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: All-Stars 3/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 3/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Richard is overly stressed cause his wife is pregnant and he's worried the show won't be done taping in time for him to be home for the baby's birth. Add that to his stress over wanting Top Chef win and the $200,000, yah, can't blame the guy for being stressed to the max. Hope he wins it all.
    I know I often sound somewhat heartless in my observations but this is my take.
    Richard was presented with couple of powerful events in his life recently:
    -a 3rd chance to be on Top Chef and win a lot of money, not to mention a lot of name recognition and
    - the imminent birth of his second baby.
    I'm sure he had to seriously weigh the pros and cons of both of those. He chose Top Chef All Stars and I don't judge him negatively for that at all. It's a fabulous opportunity and in the long run, probably extremely beneficial to him and his family. It's his life and his choice.
    I never once believed that he did it for ego alone.

He knew going in that he was going to be dealing with a lot more stress than the others. I'm just not willing to give him a free pass for it. He could have turned it down but I think he made the right decision.
    He's not a "victim" but someone who made a well thought out and educated choice.
    (sorry for being such a hard nose... I come from a "suck it up and deal with it" school of thinking.)

Antonia

Richard seems awkward to me so I'd rather see Mike win.

Marcel has a new show and it's pretty good. He puts Blaise to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    Antonia

Richard seems awkward to me so I'd rather see Mike win.

Marcel has a new show and it's pretty good. He puts Blaise to shame.

Blaise has his own show on one of the cable networks and he is actually quite good as a host and he explains his techniques very well. Marcel on the other hand was an ass during his initial season, during this season and from what I heard his current show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I adore BOTH Marcel and Richard. I'll try to catch both of their shows. I like what they do with food and think I could actually learn something.

Most who know Marcel outside the competition talk pretty highly of him. I don't think we see the full Marcel on Top Chef.

I only caught the last half hour of Marcel's show but he was certainly more likeable during that half hour than any 10 minutes combined from his two seasons of Top Chef. The guy is far less of an ass when he doesn't have to compete to be center of attention.

I haven't caught Blaise's show just yet, but I would expect him to be likeable and far less stressed than on Top Chef.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

Yeah, while unfortunate on many levels, Marcel could parlay his experience on Top Chef nicely if he's smart. I hope this is the show that does it for him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567