+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 3/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

All-Stars 3/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The final four!

Please keep all discussion in here until 11PM PT, 2AM ET.

Enjoy the show!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-16-2011 at 10:11 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: All-Stars 3/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Richard, ego much? And I like the dude, but this season he is annoying the hell out of me.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, trying not to dislike you. But you don't make it easy dude!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Mike's snarkiness is rubbing me ~ but not in a happy way like the rub that the girls put on that yummy-looking beef.

So glad the ladies won-the guys were way too full of themselves during that challenge.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Antonia and Tiffany were not my favorite females this season by a long shot. But damn I wanted to stomp the smugness of the boys. There is no such thing as too simple a dish if it has flavors and executed well.

The 2 girls (teamed up) won the Quickfire and the $5,000 .... the challenge was to make 100 identical plates of food to serve waiting diners, with Padma and the guest judge (I missed her name) randomly selected 2 of the 100 plates. The boys made pork bolognese with homemade pasta (looked yummy) and the girls made a .... steak salad? (Also looked yummy.) Both Mike and Richard had been quipping/commenting on how THEIR meal was better and more challenging than what the girls did.

ELIMINATION CHALLENGE ... the Commodore of the Yacht Club is throwing an exclusive party with the theme, "deserted island." They are told that they will want to incorporate conch into their menu.

Their time starts when their feet hit the beach on their deserted island, Padma (in a bikini) tells them. The boat captain (Captain Andy) looks like Sammy Hagar's brother, per Mike. They can see a fire on the beach and some sort of grill set up. They have 3.5 hours until the service ... and had to wade ashore. They've got great food to choose from .... except they have to go snorkle/catch their own conchs. (There was a lot of fresh fruits/veggies and other seafood.)

Tiffani is worried about sharks.

They seem to be finding conchs pretty easily ... I wondered if they were scattered about like an aquatic Easter Egg hunt?

No electricity. No gadgets. Wood-fire grill. (What will Richard do without liquid nitrogen?) They're all discussing that they will have sand in their food. Richard notes that Conch is a sea snail, as he whaps 'em open with a big hammer. Now everyone is doing it. Tiffani calls them "slippery suckers" and complains that she is running behind. (By the way, they're all cooking in their swimsuits)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast