+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 3/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 3/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Sad to see Carla go home. I'll bet she gets fan fav though. I don't really care who wins so good luck to them all.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Stick a fork in me . . . I'm done!

First Trey, then Fabio and now Carla (but Mike/Antonia/Tiffany still remain).

And what the heck was up with Mike V's hair? Can you say skeezy?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

I heard an interview with Mike where he said that each week of the entire seaason is a shocker. You don't expect those to go home that do. Just about everyone who has been considered the best of the best - except Richard - has gone home already! Based on public perception, Mike and Antonia might be considered B-listers and Tiffany a C-lister.

In a round about way, Carla is in good company.

This just puts everything about this show into perspective. If you made it on this show during any season it's likely that you can cook. Cooking on Top Chef is not a true indication of what sort of chef you are. Sadly, I think it raises the expectations of people who come out and try their food later, so they think that someone did well on this show so a dish made by them is some life altering experience. They are no longer allowed to cook good food. They have to cook great food.

I have no doubt that Alex from last season can probably make a really good meal. The man just can't make a 4 course meal from a vending machine. I didn't like Alex, but I have faith that to make it on this show the man must be able to put together an interesting plate.

This show is a race. Sure, you see skill, and I love to see what they can come up with on the fly, but this show doesn't prove if someone is a Top Chef in the real world. Honestly, if I go out to eat any of the food that these people make, I have no desire for it to have been made in Target at 3am with a iron and a George Forman grill. I want to taste their food. The food they made to make it on the show in the first place.

I love this show. I love the wacky circumstances these guys cook under. I love the interesting food they put together and am amazed at someof the plates they are able to pull out sometimes. That's what makes it a great show for me, and when someone I really like wins it's the icing on the cake. I accept that sometimes the best overall chef will lose, and the one who can stand the heat of the constant challenges thrown at them will come out on top because someone made a bigger mistake than they did. I just really appreciate this show, even when it frustrates me by letting someone stay without cooking for two week. That's the kind of thing that shouldn't fly on Top Chef. If it's truly a show about bringing it every week well I want to see food from everyone every single week.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    This just puts everything about this show into perspective. If you made it on this show during any season it's likely that you can cook. Cooking on Top Chef is not a true indication of what sort of chef you are. Sadly, I think it raises the expectations of people who come out and try their food later, so they think that someone did well on this show so a dish made by them is some life altering experience. They are no longer allowed to cook good food. They have to cook great food.

I have no doubt that Alex from last season can probably make a really good meal. The man just can't make a 4 course meal from a vending machine. I didn't like Alex, but I have faith that to make it on this show the man must be able to put together an interesting plate.

This show is a race. Sure, you see skill, and I love to see what they can come up with on the fly, but this show doesn't prove if someone is a Top Chef in the real world. Honestly, if I go out to eat any of the food that these people make, I have no desire for it to have been made in Target at 3am with a iron and a George Forman grill. I want to taste their food. The food they made to make it on the show in the first place.

I love this show. I love the wacky circumstances these guys cook under. I love the interesting food they put together and am amazed at someof the plates they are able to pull out sometimes. That's what makes it a great show for me, and when someone I really like wins it's the icing on the cake. I accept that sometimes the best overall chef will lose, and the one who can stand the heat of the constant challenges thrown at them will come out on top because someone made a bigger mistake than they did. I just really appreciate this show, even when it frustrates me by letting someone stay without cooking for two week. That's the kind of thing that shouldn't fly on Top Chef. If it's truly a show about bringing it every week well I want to see food from everyone every single week.
    I agree. I do think strong chefs often make it far (e.g., in TC Las Vegas, the same four chefs won almost every single challenge and ended up the top 4, which I think does indicate that they were strong than the others), but I don't think the best chef necessarily wins, and it seems like the judges don't expect that either. Of all the chefs this season, I think Richard, Antonia, and Dale are probably the strongest all-around chefs who have their own style yet can adapt to the challenges and often succeed even when they're cooking something they've never made before. Yet none of them won their season or even came in second. I think all the remaining chefs are strong.

Noooo! Not another fave. I think the fire threw Carla off her game a bit. Inedible is the ultimate sin, so it was pretty obvious she was the probable cut.

I guess I'm going to root for Antonia now, since I doubt Tiffany can pull out a win over Mike or Richard. I'm not liking either of the males left, but with huge egos. I'd love for the title to go to a woman!

FORT Regular

Oh poop!! (sorry for language) but I'm so ding dang upset Carla had to go home. Will there be a fan favorite and will that person win money? If so, I'm voting CARLA!!

I don't like Antonia but there isn't anyone else I like either....I want my Fabio back!
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Oh no, Carla is gone. Why, oh why does she second guess herself?

Overly competitive people like Richard and Antonia never ever seemed satisfied with anything, so what is the point?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So ticked about Carla going home. Ugh!! I will keep voting for her for fan fave. She could use the money for her business. I read on her website that she changed her catering biz to a cookie biz for now. But ultimately she wants to open a cafe in DC. Here's her website. Alchemy.

Speaking of her cookies, I sent some to my BFF for her bday as Carla is our favorite TC chef. She said the cookies were amazing, especially the pecan shortbread with vanilla salt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast