+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 3/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All-Stars 3/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    Thanks! Antonia's dish still won, so I guess they all must have had very minor flaws. Seems they just focused on the positive this episode because the dishes were pretty much equal. It's nice to have a feel good episode every so often.
    I don't want to believe this but my gut is telling me Carla is not going to make the finals. She is a bit off her stride. I hope I am not right.

I really loved this episode. I'm delighted to see how everyone likes each other and I have no problem with the lack of angry drama going on.
    Too many enjoyable things happened to mention them all but excellent show. DH and I were pretty sure that no one was being sent home from the look on the judges faces. The guest judge was just too happy-sounding (forgive my grammar) for anyone to have been eliminated. And Tom, tried as hard as he could to look stern and somber as he announced the decision about Carla and Tiffany but there was a tiny smile hovering around his mouth as he spoke.

Just a very heart-warming episode.
    Oh, and I'm glad Richard didn't win the Ellis Island competetion because I didn't think it was fair that he added something from his "stash" that wasn't an item actually in the little kitchen (galley) on the boat. Just seemed a little unfair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Oh, and I'm glad Richard didn't win the Ellis Island competetion because I didn't think it was fair that he added something from his "stash" that wasn't an item actually in the little kitchen (galley) on the boat. Just seemed a little unfair to me.
    Do they not get to bring one or two things with them to use? Is it only in the kitchen and not on these kinds of challenges? I have been confused about this for a while now. LOL

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeOne View Post
    Do they not get to bring one or two things with them to use? Is it only in the kitchen and not on these kinds of challenges? I have been confused about this for a while now. LOL
    If it isn't allowed sure seems he would have been called on it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Richard pouts and sulks so badly that, if I'd had a child who acted like that, he be banished to his room! I hate those kinds of people!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance View Post
    Great show last night. It was fun to see the cheftestants with their families. Great story on how Carla met her husband. Richard was so cute with his wife, couldn't keep his hands off of her. Richard is my favorite too! I agree with the reasons about his being up tight but also, he now has one child and another on the way, so "growing up" and having more responsibility could have made the change in him also. Cute that Antonia and Mike are related, how random is that! I was on pins and needles on anyone getting sent home last night. There were no negative comments during the meal about any of the dishes and I can't remember whose mom said it, but I agree, they couldn't sent anyone home last night.......and they didn't!! Yeah and congrats to the final five.
    What a fun surprise to find out Mike and Antonia are related!

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeOne View Post
    I don't know either what the rules are. Like another poster said, he wasn't called out for it so guess it wasn't against the rules (hadn't thought about that) but if the chefs can add their own things, why don't more of them bring things with them? Seems like that could help.

Edit:
    I did a little Google research about this...not a lot because it's not really important but it appears as though Richard only used the MRE bag to "heat' the hot dog combo he was making. Apparently this bag has built in magic to heat stuff. But like one blog said, why use that when you have the hot dog-roller thingy to heat them? I assumed he had something else in the bag, like different ingredients but seems that wasn't the case. So that explains why he didn't break the rules.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 03-06-2011 at 02:20 AM.

so is the finale a two parter??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

It usually is. They usually send more than the final 2 or 3 chefs to the new city for the finale, and they weed out the last semi-finalists in Part 1. Then the finalists "cook the meal of their lives" in Part 2.

They always seem to play with the number of finalists from year to year -- you just never know how many are going to the finals until they tell us.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Richard pouts and sulks so badly that, if I'd had a child who acted like that, he be banished to his room! I hate those kinds of people!
    Lol, new here (and to the TC boards) but I loveeeee Richard. Don't know why, cuz you're right, he sulks. But I find it endearing and he just seems so beyond talented -- I cannot help but love him!
    We like because... we love although...."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast