+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All-Stars 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    Her mac n cheese is to die for as well, and her cheesy biscuits.... I can feel my arteries hardening as I write this.
    I don't know anything about Paula D. other than she's famous with a core group of die-hard fans. But, I liked her approach on the show - forget about health and nothing stupidly simple like fried calamari on some lettuce. There is something to be said for just about all types of food so I was ok with her on the show - and her type of food and cooking.

My favorite moment was when Carla said she was excited to see Paula Dean and her hair. Carla is sharp...and funny. I think I like Carla more this time around than I did during her season. I liked her then, but she seems more mature - or self-assured this go-around - which i really like.

I don't keep with the famous chefs in this world, but I've heard of Paula. I only know a few things about her, like her infatuation with BUTTA!

YouTube - I'm Paula Deen Y'all

LOL, I want to see her on Dancing with the Stars. What a riot she would be!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Mike was a dog in this contest. No, it wasn't technically, exclusively Richard's recipe but he did put the idea into Mike's head that morning. Mike almost as much admitted it, without really admitting it. Yeah, Richard shouldn't have shared his ideas but maybe Righard forgets that there are people out there who'd actually steal from you. Makes Richard someone who thinks the best of people and I'm not a big Richard fan.

I think Antonia is going to be the dark horse in this contest....unless she stresses out as much as Carla and Tiffany are doing right now.
    This is exactly how I feel. Mike has never done well independently. His highs and wins come from either a team effort or an idea that wasn't even his own (i.e. the last QF). I know people feel that Tiffany shouldn't be there, but I think Mike doesn't deserve to be there as much, if not more, than her.

And I agree with you about Antonia, too.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Paula is a an ubeat good person but her cooking horrific. I watched her make fried cheesecake one day. She bought a prepared cheescake, wrapped a piece in a wonton wrapper, added some chocolate and fried it. This was the culmination of a meal where everything was wrapped in a wonton and fried, most having no special preparation before it hit the won ton wrapper. I watched the entire show (my first) in horror. I could not change the channel! I have caught snippets here and there over the years and the ones I have seen involve way too much fat and usually included something store bought. I think her personality and positive attitude is why so many like her. I have a hunch all serious chefs cringe inside at the mere thought of her cooking style.

OK, this has been bugging me ever since I saw the episode (and you're gonna think I'm crazy).

After Carla served her dish at the benefit, this woman commented that although she loved Carla, she didn't care for the dish:

The moment I saw her, I knew I'd seen her before. After a minute or so, I realized that this was the same woman who delivered that classic line from season 5's Restaurant Wars: "I liked it! It amused my bouche!"

WHO IS THIS WOMAN? Does she work for Bravo? Is she a friend or loved one of Tom or Padma? Is she just a lucky, connected New Yorker who shows up at all the right benefits? I really need to know now!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Most of the events are cast with people in the food industry, Bravo and their friends, is my guess. This makes total sense to me. They have nothing to do with the outcome. Even though the judges often mention what the diners thought, it is usually just a comment to support their opinion.

I've always liked what I've seen of Paula Dean, which isn't much but I've caught a few of her shows. I've tried a few of her recipes that were really wonderful. I think she plays up the butter and deep-fried aspect for just comedy reasons. I don't think she's any great chef but seemed nice enough.
    But I could take her or leave her.
    Now I'm not so sure.

What the heck is wrong with people, especially a mature woman who should know better than let herself be shown to the world acting like this???
    Open Post: Hosted By Paula Deen's Butter-Seeking Tongue - openpostpaula1.jpg | Dlisted

Doesn't anyone have any standards of dignity? Are they all willing to do anything just so they can be famous?
    This photo is just icky.

LOL, i felt so bad for Carla. i couldn't believe Tre was so ignorant of Southern food either, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I still don't like him, but I had to laugh when Carla jokingly asked Tiffany if she wanted to trade Marcel for Tre, after she found out Tre knew almost nothing about traditional southern cooking, and Marcel replied, "She'll stick with her white shrimp."

Finally watched. I hate this show. Angelo last week and Dale this week.
    Go Antonia, I guess.

I think my airing here is a few episodes behind. Fabio went home on the last one I watched. Carla, Antonia and Richard drive me crazy so I don't know who my favourite is now.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post

What the heck is wrong with people, especially a mature woman who should know better than let herself be shown to the world acting like this???
    Open Post: Hosted By Paula Deen&#039;s Butter-Seeking Tongue - openpostpaula1.jpg | Dlisted

Doesn't anyone have any standards of dignity? Are they all willing to do anything just so they can be famous?
    This photo is just icky.

omg. I always knew there was a reason I couldn't stand PD.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast