+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: All-Stars 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Tre last week . . . Fabio this week . . . leaves me with just one thing to say . . . GO CARLA!!!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Yup, it's been a tough two weeks. Tre's elimination was sad for me, and I did enjoy Fabio on the show. There are a few chefs left that I really like so I have some heartbreak ahead of me. I do, however, want Carla to take it all, Tiffany to step it up, and Antonia to hang in there for a long while. At this point I'm hoping that my faves make a good showing, but that Carla brings it all home.

I think the comment from Dale about the cheese whiz may have come from the fact that so many of the most popular cheese steak joints in Philly do use whiz in their cheese steaks. It's been a really long time since I've been to philly for a cheese steak but I do remember that there were quite a few spots that served up the whiz.

I loved the reaction from Tom to Carla's pot pie. That pie looked delicious. Ruined my night because I just kept craving a pot pie after watching that.

Loved the beef tounge song. Awesome that they performed it for the judges!

BTW- As delicious as Dale's steak looked, I'd rather have a meatloaf hambooger than a salty anything. Meatloaf is great, but too much salt always ruins anything IMO.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Luv that Carla won again.

Oh no, Fabio no.

Would have preferred if Dale went home.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Oh wow -- I was just flipping, and Carla is on Jimmy Fallon TONIGHT! (as in right now!)

Jennifer Aniston is on at the moment, I guess Piers Morgan, and then Carla.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

I am so sorry I missed Carla. MFWalkoff, can you give us a recap, please?

She is my hands down favorite and has been since the first day or her season. Her style of comfort food is no more limiting than Richards. He had a hard time with the ramen noodles because he couldn't work in any molecular gastronomy. She would have won her season had she not made that one mistake. She is a serious contender. So is Antonia.

I agree KeepItReal, give me a meatloaf hambooger over too salty anything. It is hard for the judges not to look at the contestants history at this point, I am sure. They fight it, but it is there. I have not read the blogs yet but I know why they made the decision they did. A slip of the salt shaker is not as egregious as not knowing that the [U]all american hamburger[U] is not meatloaf. Elia made this same mistake.

I will miss Fabio as I am sure the editors did. He gave the best diary talks! I was rooting for Dale to go.

Richard is an edgy guy this season. Interesting to watch. I still like him and expect to see him in the finals.

It was really quick as they were running late, and Fallon had her demonstrate how to make her winning chicken pot pie, which was a big mistake, because she was rushed and trying to focus on it and keep it interesting when nobody really cared about the food. He should have just had her sit down and chat with him, it would have been 10 times as entertaining.

Carla cares so much about the food -- even after they rushed through the end of the dish and dumped all the ingredients into the pan to mix and pour into the crust, Fallon was saying 'thanks and we'll be right back' and Carla looked down and gave the mixture a few more stirs because it wasn't quite mixed enough for her. I thought that was so sweet!

It wasn't a great segment because you could tell she was a little flustered by the frantic pace, but it was great to see her on another show besides Top Chef. I hope she really makes a name for herself out there.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Thanks. I would love to see her on a talk show couch. I can see Carla being offered a show of her own no matter where she places. She has the charisma and skill to create a good show. I would love to make her pot pie.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4189373;
    I am so sorry I missed Carla. MFWalkoff, can you give us a recap, please?

She is my hands down favorite and has been since the first day or her season. Her style of comfort food is no more limiting than Richards. He had a hard time with the ramen noodles because he couldn't work in any molecular gastronomy. She would have won her season had she not made that one mistake. She is a serious contender. So is Antonia.

I agree KeepItReal, give me a meatloaf hambooger over too salty anything. It is hard for the judges not to look at the contestants history at this point, I am sure. They fight it, but it is there. I have not read the blogs yet but I know why they made the decision they did. A slip of the salt shaker is not as egregious as not knowing that the [U]all american hamburger[U] is not meatloaf. Elia made this same mistake.

I will miss Fabio as I am sure the editors did. He gave the best diary talks! I was rooting for Dale to go.

Richard is an edgy guy this season. Interesting to watch. I still like him and expect to see him in the finals.
    I read the blogs.... Gale said that she looooved Richard's ramen, but Jimmy Fallon was expecting something different (with the wow factor) and therefore felt left down. Gale said they were split down the middle on Richard's. Regarding Dale - he didn't oversalt his dish, but the use of the bread was an error in judgment. The bread made it too salty. It wasn't inedible (Tom specifically compares his oversalty dish with Jen's unedible one that got her kicked off Season 6), and was actually delicious the first few bites until the salty taste overpowered it. The judges seemed to debate between Fabio's and Tiffany's; Tiffany's strayed further from the intended dish, but was better-tasting than Fabio's.

I will miss his one-liners. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;4187674;
    Just watched the extended judges' table video. Poor Jimmy Fallon felt so bad about Fabio. He said, "I can't get rid of Fabio - he's so funny!" Gale: "Unfortunately, Jimmy, it's not Top Funny."
    I missed that! Poor Jimmy, he really seems like such a fan of the show, and he was finding it so hard to have to be part of letting someone go.

It was a fun show to watch. I loved seeing them on JF's show, they all looked relaxed and happy to be there. JF and his wife were so cute, and everyone seemed to be having fun both at the lunch and at the JT.

So sorry to see Fabio go, but I was more afraid at that moment they were going to axe Dale, who I really want to make the finals this year. My top 3 now are Dale, Angelo and Carla. Hootie hoo!!

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV;4187916;
    I underestimate Carla because I think she can underestimate herself often. She doesn't appear to have a lot of versatility or doesn't think she does. Anytime there is a challenge where she can't work comfort food into the mix, she tends to panic and declae that's not the food she does. To me, the great chefs on the show have a style, but are still skilled enough that if they have to go outside of that comfort zone, they're comfortable.
    Well honestly MOST of these guys have this problem.

Richard is uncomfortable if he can't be experimental.

Marcel is uncomfortable if he can't put foam on top of something.

Mike is uncomfortable if he has to get away from Mediterranean influences.

Fabio is uncomfortable if its not Italian. Period.

Jamie is uncomfortable if its not a Scallop.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast