+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9/15 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/15 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4062291;
    Any update about Top Chef: Just Desserts too? I wish we had a forum for it, don't see why we don't have one. Maybe I'll contact and admin and ask why.
    This will be the forum, it just hasn't been renamed yet. There is a thread for the premiere episode here, and a thread with contestant bios and general discussion here.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;4062237;
    However, I don't think it is right that they bring in other season winners. I know it's good for ratings, but I feel like it tampers with the integrity of the dishes and the fact that they are solely the contestants concept. For instance, I bet Kevin put a lot of stock into whatever suggestions that Michael proposed, and who knows if he changed his original concept when something was suggested. Like the poster above said, Ed drew the short straw, but I also feel like his dishes were solely his dishes.
    I thought Ed said he let Ilan make the dessert and left it totally up to Ilan. I was under the impression that meant not only did Ilan cook up but thought it up as well. That was one reason I was happy with Kevin's win. He might have gotten help from Michael but I didn't feel he left anything up to Michael. Angelo was the one that was most helped by having the sous chef he did. Hung is a machine when it comes to food prep. He's so fast. I did chuckle along with Hung when he slipped and said something about his dish and then corrected himself and said he meant Angelo's dish! I liked that he really worked hard like it was his competition. IMO it showed his integrity. He could have decided if Angelo wasn't there he didn't have to work as hard and instead he had too much pride in his own work to do that.

I must say although I wasn't rooting for Kevin at all during the season I was happy with the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4062357;
    This will be the forum, it just hasn't been renamed yet. There is a thread for the premiere episode here, and a thread with contestant bios and general discussion here.
    Sorry, somehow your first post flew right over my head. Never saw it. Now that I did, thanks!

FORT Fan

Hung is a machine when it comes to food prep. He's so fast. I did chuckle along with Hung when he slipped and said something about his dish and then corrected himself and said he meant Angelo's dish! I liked that he really worked hard like it was his competition. IMO it showed his integrity. He could have decided if Angelo wasn't there he didn't have to work as hard and instead he had too much pride in his own work to do that.
    I agree. Hung came out looking best out of all the chefs this episode, whether contestants or former winners. He is a powerhouse and he did a fabulous job helping Angelo.

I can't blame Ed for being disappointed to have Ilan as a sous chef.

I liked Michael V's first witticism on Top Chef - "second best food ever on TC".

Congratulations to Kevin for the win!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;4062453;
    I thought Ed said he let Ilan make the dessert and left it totally up to Ilan. I was under the impression that meant not only did Ilan cook up but thought it up as well. That was one reason I was happy with Kevin's win. He might have gotten help from Michael but I didn't feel he left anything up to Michael. Angelo was the one that was most helped by having the sous chef he did. Hung is a machine when it comes to food prep. He's so fast. I did chuckle along with Hung when he slipped and said something about his dish and then corrected himself and said he meant Angelo's dish! I liked that he really worked hard like it was his competition. IMO it showed his integrity. He could have decided if Angelo wasn't there he didn't have to work as hard and instead he had too much pride in his own work to do that.

I must say although I wasn't rooting for Kevin at all during the season I was happy with the outcome.

Your right, I totally forgot about Ed's dessert.

I think they need someone they have never met before and know nothing about for their sous chef. That way, there is much more of a chance of everything being completely their own creation.

It was ridiculous that Ed let Ilan take complete responsibility for the dessert. I would think it would be against the rules somehow, because Ed was responsible for four dishes just like the others. If Ilan conceived and prepared the dessert, Ed did three dishes. I was glad he lost. I would have preferred Angelo to win, and was sorry he was sick. What a great guy Hung is, and it was such fun to see him back in the kitchen wielding his knives in a frenzy of chopping. He's a dynamo, for sure, and was a great sport. Michael V seemed again to all business, and I think his contribution lent a great deal to Kevin's win. Ed certainly drew the short straw with Ilan. As soon as I saw those smarmy glasses of his my Ilan-hatred flared up and I wanted nothing more than for his "team" to lose. Cannot. Stand. That. Man.

Angelo, you were a great competitor and a really good sport at the end. A little strange, sure, but I enjoyed watching you. Wish you hadn't gotten sick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123