+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 9/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 9/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I think the previews with Angelo being sick set it up for him not to be able to compete but he must. It was just to mislead us. Love how Angelo who knows Asian food best gets Hung. Nah....they don't want Angelo to win. lol If Hung cooked the food and Angelo won and barely did a thing that would be the worst ending ever. I hope that's not what we are in for next week.

I really wanted Kelly to make F3. I like having someone in F3 that I can really cheer for to win. These 3 all leave something to be desired.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4057440;
    If he is contagious he may not be allowed to cook, although the injection was most likely an antibiotic and that rules out a virus. Antibiotics work very quickly. I expect to see him there.
    I think it's a case of his being told he could not cook, because in the previews, he specifically asks the doctor if he can cook. I don't think it's that he's not willing to drag himself out of bed so much as it is that he's told he can't cook because he's contagious. And if he truly is contagious, as crummy as it would be to be a contestant and be told you're out due to something beyond your control, I'd still be happy he was told he should not cook. In other seasons, people have been sick and still cooked, and I really wouldn't want to eat something made by someone who's ill.

I hope that Angelo can pull it out. I was rooting for Ed, since Tiffany is gone, but I didn't like his douchey behavior last night at all.

Now I'm rooting for Angelo to take it home.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4057702;
    I think the previews with Angelo being sick set it up for him not to be able to compete but he must. It was just to mislead us. Love how Angelo who knows Asian food best gets Hung. Nah....they don't want Angelo to win. lol If Hung cooked the food and Angelo won and barely did a thing that would be the worst ending ever. I hope that's not what we are in for next week.

I really wanted Kelly to make F3. I like having someone in F3 that I can really cheer for to win. These 3 all leave something to be desired.
    I would have preferred Kelly in the F3 too, but wouldn't it just be luck of the draw as to who got which sous chef? My guess is that either Angelo lucked out and drew the first knife and picked Hung or whoever chose before him wanted to work with someone else more. I do agree, however, that if Hung does all the cooking and Angelo wins, that would be lame--though I suppose in many restaurants that's exactly how it works. It's not like Tom Collichio is in the kitchen every night in all his restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;4057414;
    Once again when all the chefs are close it is a female who goes home. As Tiffany said when you're a female you have to work harder.
    In some ways, I'm an idealist so I would hate to think that being female is enough to eliminate a contestant so I don't think that is the case. I really like Kelly, after Tiffany and was disappointed that she went home. None of these are my favorites. Angelo is a nut case, Kevin's temper is way out of line and Ed, who I once liked, acted very poorly last night to Angelo just because he could. They should work their hardest to produce the best food and not try to win by undermining someone else so he lost my respect even though I think he's a very good chef. So once more, I don't hate who will win but neither do I care who wins.
    Is it just me or does Tom C seem much tougher and meaner than other seasons??

I was very disappointed to see Kelly leave. Really liked her, after Tiffany.
    I'm not overly enamored of any of the finalists.
    Wow, it sure looked very hot and humid in Singapore, didn't it?
    I really felt sorry for all of them having to be there.
    They seem to really want Angelo to win, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I really want Angelo to win and have from the beginning.

To me, it seems Kevin and Ed (mostly Ed) are afraid and completely jealous of Angelo and his cooking talents to the point of being cruel.

I don't like Ed AT ALL. He was totally obnoxious in this last episode. I hope he comes in third.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4058184;
    In some ways, I'm an idealist so I would hate to think that being female is enough to eliminate a contestant so I don't think that is the case. I really like Kelly, after Tiffany and was disappointed that she went home. None of these are my favorites. Angelo is a nut case, Kevin's temper is way out of line and Ed, who I once liked, acted very poorly last night to Angelo just because he could. They should work their hardest to produce the best food and not try to win by undermining someone else so he lost my respect even though I think he's a very good chef. So once more, I don't hate who will win but neither do I care who wins.
    Is it just me or does Tom C seem much tougher and meaner than other seasons??
    Yes, Tom C does seem meaner this season. I'm starting to think maybe he just doesn't want to do this anymore? In every blog he mentions his kids, I think he might just want to be spending time with them. I really like him, and I truly enjoy his blogs and comments, but I'd have to agree that there's something different about him this season. Or maybe it's just a lack of a shining star talent? I mean, we go from last season, where so many were SO talented, to this?

Although I've never been Angelo's biggest fan, I really, really felt for him at judges table. He has those huge little boy eyes that when he cries, it hurts your heart.

I wish Kelly had made it, but I think she lets her nerves get the best of her. I bet when you go to her restaurant everything is wonderful and perfect. It's just a feeling I get.

I've not watched it before this season, so they all seem to be pretty talented.
    Especially when I compare them to the dishes made on Next Food Network Star. Yikes!! These people seem like world class chefs.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I do think they are all talented chefs. You can see they all have exceptional skills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast