+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 8/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 8/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;4048717;
    I really like Tiffany and hope she wins. If not her then Ed. I didn't love her speaking up about Angelo but his actions did cause some drama in the kitchen. And I don't think Angelo is quite as innocent as he's pretending. He said as much to the camera and warranted or not he's "helped" several people and they've gone home. He "helped" Amanda this time too all while saying to the camera that he knew what could have fixed her dish and chose not to share that info. Tiffany on the other hand tasted someone's (Kevin?) food and was honest with them. She said something like 'no one's going home because of Tiffany'. I understand it's a competition so Angelo doesn't need to offer advice but I must be more like Tiffany. I'd rather win against someone doing their best than not. It's seems to me to be more a true win. I'd rather win at pool anyday because I win not because someone scratches on the 8 ball. I've always felt like that's not really a win in my column as a loss in the other person's. I win by default and that's not the way I want to win. I believe that's Tiffany's thinking too.
    One thing I would add to this: I like Tiffany and she is my favorite, but she will only help someone she likes. She wouldn't, for example, help Angelo out in last nights show. And the throwing Angelo under the bus, again, she doesn't like him. And there has been a lot of throwing under the bus this season to try to control who goes home isn't from your posse. It does take her down a notch for me.

Angelo had a valid point to freak out about taking the orders. Who's to say that if he was plating his dish that he would have gotten the same critique from the judges. Not saying that Ed sabotaged him deliberately. But perhaps Ed plated too soon because he was doing 2 dishes and the buns absorbed more than they should. Perhaps Ed didn't use enough of the mixture so it wasn't counter balancing the bun the way it should. Had Tiffany helped Ed with Angelo's dish, the work would have been more spread out and perhaps Angelo's dish would have come out better. There were tons of people who loved it, so it wasn't that the dish was bad.

The only real negative comments we heard from the diners was about Kevin's chicken. I'm not upset Amanda went home, she was in over her head. But based on what we saw during the show, Kevin really should have been the one to go home.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

I think the reason Tiffany said something about Angelo during judging was that it looked like he was about to take credit in an "I stepped up and did extra" sort of way. And he didn't. Angelo has no integrity. If you don't want to share your advice, don't. But don't help someone to a certain point and then leave them hanging.

I didn't realize Amanda was a sous chef, I thought they were all executive chefs. Her performance is definitely more impressive now.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4049352;
    I think the reason Tiffany said something about Angelo during judging was that it looked like he was about to take credit in an "I stepped up and did extra" sort of way. And he didn't. Angelo has no integrity. If you don't want to share your advice, don't. But don't help someone to a certain point and then leave them hanging.
    But wasn't Angelo the only one that decided he would the night before once the rest didn't step up to the plate?

He's free to change his mind too if he sees that his dish is in danger. What would be his excuse at judges' table? that since "I was taking orders I couldn't place my dish right." They would have sent him home right there since it's not who's the best at taking orders.

I guess the rest of them saying nothing to Amanda either was okay

The other thing was that Angelo was answering her question. But didn't offer extra.

And had it been Kelly, then Tiffany would have come to her aid. This group is very clickish.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Ed was plating both dishes while standing next to Angelo. Seems that Angelo would have said something if he thought Ed wasn't doing it correctly. And Angelo said in the grocery store that he didn't really want to use hot dog buns...even I know that they soak juices. (Putting more pork in would have made the buns a soggy mess.)

I didn't have a problem with Tiffany saying something about Angelo because a) he was trying to make himself sound like he was wonderful when he was ready to leave the team in the lurch within an hour of service and b) he would have done exactly the same if the situation was reversed. I don't think it's coincidence that just about everyone who Angelo has "helped' has gone home the same day.

The judges were put off by Amanda's "gray" tuna, but liked the flavors of the veggies, They didn't like Kevin's dish at all...I agree that he should have gone home.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;4048695;
    I think Amanda only went home this round based on her past performances. I think Kevin or Angelo should have gone home last round because apparently the only thing wrong with Amanda's food was the greying tuna. I think the judges realized though that Angelo and Kevin, though they sucked this round, have much more potential than Amanda so they cut her instead.
    I somewhat disagree on this. Food should look as appetizing as it tastes or else no one will want to even try it. When shopping at the supermarket and you see those packages of greyish ground beef, most of us pass those up and pick one that seems fresher. Also, who wants to take such a chance on eating raw fish that looks off color especially at such a place as a stadium ??
    yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;4049499;
    I didn't have a problem with Tiffany saying something about Angelo because a) he was trying to make himself sound like he was wonderful when he was ready to leave the team in the lurch within an hour of service and b) he would have done exactly the same if the situation was reversed. I don't think it's coincidence that just about everyone who Angelo has "helped' has gone home the same day.
    If they see Angelo "helping" people get send home and do nothing because "it's a competition after all" they shouldn't whine about it since they just let it happen anyway. It's hard to believe none of them realized Amanda could fix her tuna but they chose to stay quiet and let Angelo by "omission" be the bad guy.

i think the throwing under the bus thing is common at judge's table. due to editing, we usually just don't see it.

i think the gray tuna was very worthy of her being sent home. can you imagine ordering a tartar and that coming out???? i would be DISGUSTED! the avg person at the ballpark is not going to know the tuna is fine and it's that color bc of oxidation. also, as a chef you should know how to avoid that happening. according to what they said, it was as simple as her adding some oil to the tuna when she grinded it.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;4048695;
    The Angelo hate is getting really annoying. Maybe he really is just a nice guy who wants to help out?

Tiffany throwing Angelo under the bus was COMPLETELY unnecessary. She was just trying to make Angelo look bad, but it was pointless because these judges are judginhg on food and food alone.

Ed I'm on the fence about. I kind of think he is a douche sometimes. Wasn't he bragging that he slept with ANgelo's girlfriend in college or something while they were still dating?

I think Amanda only went home this round based on her past performances. I think Kevin or Angelo should have gone home last round because apparently the only thing wrong with Amanda's food was the greying tuna. I think the judges realized though that Angelo and Kevin, though they sucked this round, have much more potential than Amanda so they cut her instead.

I hope Angelo wins just to piss off the rest of his cast makes

I thought Tiffany was actually trying to draw out the debate that occured in the stand over Angelo's previous decision--not throw him under the bus. Weren't Angelo and Tiffany really close at one point and being edited as "something more?"

When she spoke up my impression was that she was highliting how Angelo was left with the job even though he tried to readdress the decision when they realized what the exact situation was--I think she was trying to get Kevin to relive his jerk moments. Maybe?

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4049772;
    I thought Tiffany was actually trying to draw out the debate that occured in the stand over Angelo's previous decision--not throw him under the bus. Weren't Angelo and Tiffany really close at one point and being edited as "something more?"

When she spoke up my impression was that she was highliting how Angelo was left with the job even though he tried to readdress the decision when they realized what the exact situation was--I think she was trying to get Kevin to relive his jerk moments. Maybe?
    I think you are thinking of Tiffany and Ed.

Angelo was friendly with Tamesha, until he gave her advice and she went home that week.

I don't think Tiffany had intentions of throwing him under the bus, but when Angelo was seemingly going to portray the situation that he stepped up to take the orders (which he did) and that he was happy to do it (which he wasn't), then that's when Tiffany stepped in to say that it wasn't all happy, pie-in-the-sky moments.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast