+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 8/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 8/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

me tooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;4034189;
    I was really hoping they would call Alex back in and send him home

I feel like they've changed producers or editors or casting agents this season. The show has lots its sizzle, and the aired version of what happens leaves a sour taste every week --what we are shown doesn't explain or support the eliminations.

Even the judges seem off their game this season. An aside in the eye candy department: my husband (huge Padma fan) thinks she looks a wreck every week. I said (of course), give her a break, we all look a wreck when we're thinking about breastfeeding and sleeping or waking infants!

I visited the comments on Bravo's message boards. There are many comments about the seeming lack of trust in the show and the apparent low quality of contestants. Many are saying they are through with the show. We'll see. I know I am done with it this season. I might check it out next time around to see if they have gotten their act together.

Didn't Bravo have another show in which they judged unfairly and awarded the winner as someone who was totally undeserving? It was about hair styling....Shear something. It was criminal what they did to those finalists. What's wrong with those people?
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-12-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Kenny's team lost. He was by far the biggest reason why. He may think a lot of himself, but he was kicked off for very good reason.

I always wonder about someone who always refers to himself in the third person and with a rather bizarre nickename, "The Beast". Would I really want to know someone named the Beast? Having him serve me any food is rather a shuddering idea. After all Beasts tend to rend and tear flesh and eat it raw. Guess the diners and judges didn't like his palate.

After watching the episode I have to agree with Padma, the Blue Team only had one good dish, Kevin's, and a better host, Kelly than the Red Team. As Padma says the judges only see what the other diners see and only eat what the other diners eat they do not observe what goes on in the back of the house and neither do they care. Kenny took on 2 responsibilities, preparing not one but two courses and being executive chef. His dishes were bad and he failed as an executive chef in allowing other bad dishes to go out. He failed in both his tasks. He got sent home. I do admit the drama over Alex was fun, but it's time the Beast learned some humility. Ta.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4034800;
    This was Kenny's 4th trip to the bottom, so I'm not surprised that he got ousted. His 2 dishes sucked eggs, and he let other dishes go out that were not great either. The only good dish on that team was Kevin's.

I'm happy that Ed won, and yes Alex is not a good chef, so I've no doubt he'll be gone before long as will Amanda.

I'm not sorry to see "The Beast" go home, he was a legend in his own mind.
    As much as I'd have liked to see Alex go, I have to agree with this. Many times I see contestants struggling to get things done in time and I think even they are disappointed in what they serve. Not an excuse but at least I can believe they're capable of better. Kenny, on the other hand, seems to be done early more often than not and seems very happy with his final product. Then the judges unanimously pan it. Maybe he just doesn't know how to cook good food.

The difference between Amanda and Kenny is that Amanda knows when her dish is not good and Kenny is always amazed when the judges say his food is not good.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4034800;
    This was Kenny's 4th trip to the bottom, so I'm not surprised that he got ousted. His 2 dishes sucked eggs, and he let other dishes go out that were not great either. The only good dish on that team was Kevin's.
    Exactly. How many more passes were they going to give Kenny?

He was at the bottom more than twice for HIS food. Should we just keep him around because he says he's the best even though he clearly not?

If Alex or Amanda weren't still there I wonder if people would still complain that they booted Kenny.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;4036208;
    Exactly. How many more passes were they going to give Kenny?

He was at the bottom more than twice for HIS food. Should we just keep him around because he says he's the best even though he clearly not?

If Alex or Amanda weren't still there I wonder if people would still complain that they booted Kenny.
    Agree that Kenny's talk has been over the top as compared to his performance all season. Others cook consistently better dishes, and his perpetual "shock" that judges thought his food tasted bad is tiresome.

And, with regard to the overall track record, at the end of a season, it is true that the final 4 usually were the stand-out's throughout, as compared to all the people who left before them. In other words, even if the order of dismissal is skewed by individual contests and outcomes (doesn't match their relative abilities), the "top" chefs usually seem like very solid picks.

Yet, this season, by comparison, I dislike the characters, editing, and storytelling, and always feel irked at the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4036164;
    The difference between Amanda and Kenny is that Amanda knows when her dish is not good and Kenny is always amazed when the judges say his food is not good.
    I agree it was time to kill Kenny off the show But why keep her there. I think she's overly cooked her meat more than once.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast