+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 7/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 7/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Thanks for the heads up on the Bravo blog about the PeaGate affair.
    Glad to know we're all up in arms on this one.

However, I don't have all that much faith in Bravo.
    After all, wasn't it their channel that sicc'd the Salahis on the White House and then claimed no part in it. Shameful
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4012540;
    Pea Gate

Yes, I am very interested in knowing what happened to Ed's puree. With the camera crew, there must have been something spotted that would clear it up - either a shot of it left behind or a shot of Alex making some. I hope they will let us know later!! But, I give the show's producers credit for getting a buzz going about the peas!

Bravo is the station that can most be relied upon to create buzz.
    Did anyone have any doubt that the White House gatecrashers were not pulling their stunt to secure a place on a Bravo TV show !!??!!
    I'll admit it! I never thought that they were filming for BRAVO. It was said to be for a possible reality show and it was around the time of the "Balloon Boy" so I just figured that they were on their own like that family.
    BTW, did any of us ever think that we would ever be wondering and chatting about pea puree?

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4011776;
    Because of watching in a later time zone, I kept an eye out for clues to the pea puree mystery.
    1. Alex lied about not knowing that the other guy had pea puree. To quote Dr. Phil, "People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing."
    2. There was a quick shot of a pan full of uncooked peas that was shown AFTER Alex was walking around stirring "his" puree. If he started his puree and got it to that point, whose uncooked peas were they?
    I really dislike people who cheat. I think that's what happened here.
    Ed had some English pea stuff in his lobster dish so the peas shown may have been the ones Ed was using.

As for getting past the pea puree gate, I don't think it's something we should just "get past" just because Tom doesn't want to have to deal with it. It's a question we viewers want answered.

After this episode we certainly know where the show stands politically, only NBC, Democrats and Progressives allowed!

Wasn't there a scandel in Season 1 when someone accused Tiffany of turning off their stove or something like that?

This show in particular is good about creating a scandel and then never resolving it. Ovens turned down etc. I was surprised this season when one of the chefs actually owned up to stealing a oven or something like that. Forget what it was. Someone staked a claim to something, turned their back and someone else took it.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

I will be very disappointed if the pea puree is not addressed. Would Bravo really stand for such a controversy to be swept under the table? Nah. I have faith in drama!

We all just want BRAVO to apPEASe us!

Just read Tom's Blog. While he does say to get over it, he also is pointing out that since Ed didn't actually call out Alex it wasn't dealt with on the show and can't be proven now.

With all the footage they take of these contestants, I can't believe there is no way to track this based on the footage. But doubt we will see any resolution on it.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4022798;
    We all just want BRAVO to apPEASe us!
    Tom C. just wants some PEAS and quiet!

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;4022831;
    Tom C. just wants some PEAS and quiet!
    I'm just happy that the chefs gave PEAS a chance!

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

We should all try to encourage whirrled peas. (You've got to read it out loud to get it.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast