+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 7 - 6/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Top Chef 7 - 6/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Gael Greene judges on Top Chef Masters, though she may have guest-judged on TC at some point. The guest judge this week was an assistant White House chef.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3949174;
    Gael Greene judges on Top Chef Masters, though she may have guest-judged on TC at some point. The guest judge this week was an assistant White House chef.
    Thank you so much.

Yes, it was TCM that I had watched.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think what really annoys me the most is how much Tom defends the ones he considers to be the strongest chefs. Last time I saw it was in the previous season, when one of the Bore-tagglio brothers tried to take over Robin's dessert in a team challenge and Robin snapped at him to back off, Tom defended the oh-so-boring brother in his blog, and last night he was all about saying he doesn't think Angelo would just throw a challenge because he had immunity.

Puh-lease! To me it was most definitely obvious that Angelo threw the challenge last night in hopes of sending Kenny home, he's clearly intimidated. Honestly, I just wish we could lose both of them so I could rightfully enjoy this show. Add Kelly, Tracey and Arnold in there too, they're just obnoxious...

But I honestly thought it was Amanda going home for her choice to use alcohol. Seriously, that should be counted as one of the dumbest moves ever in Top Chef, she seriously lucked out. I'm most curious to see just how she manages to bounce back from this, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3949025;
    I agree about the alcohol in the desert. There seems to be quite a few very stubborn and spacey contestants this season. I do think there will be some good chefs in the group too.

What did Angelo say to his partner when they left the stage after he was questioned about throwing the challenge. It was in subtitles but I missed it. I'm dying to know what he said. Unless he really changes, he's the one I will pull against. Do you think the show sets up a contestant as a villain just for ratings?
    Angelo just told Tracy that he didn't like Kenny and wanted her to keep that quiet. Yeah because it was so not obvious anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3949148;
    Hadn't seen this show in quite a while and saw a bit last night.
    Question- Didn't Gael Greene use to be a judge on the show? Who is the guy that's a judge?
    This episode reminded me of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution.
    I thought the exact same thing about Jamie's show, although Jamie seemed to have a lot more trouble getting his kids to actually eat the food. It could be because the kids he was working with were much younger and he had to stick to much stricker dietary restrictions. TWO pounds of sugar?? That's almost half a bag! I cannot believe she copped to that- at the very least she may have said it was more than she wanted to add to offset the starchy bananas, but to actually admit to two pounds I think just boggles the mind (even if it is for a recipe for 50) and it's probably what did her in.

FORT Fogey

Well, remember, it was pudding for a large amount of people - not the same amount you make for your family for dessert one night. Still a lot though. I think it was understood by the judges that she was only adding that much to offset the bananas, in fact, I think that's the context the question was asked in. I truly felt bad for her, since her idea was one of the better ones out there in terms of dessert. Kids love chocolate pudding, and lots of kids are familiar with chocolate and bananas together.

I really really liked this challenge. So many people eat unhealthily due to cost of food, so it's not just a problem in schools. Some of those ideas were really great, like Alex's apple cider as opposed to sugar in his barbeque sauce. I thought the quickfire was really cool too. I have high hopes for the season.

Alcohol? Really? It isn't like she gave them a shot of vodka, but come on! That isn't appropriate for kids and they don't care for that sort of thing. And she wasted money on it! I thought whats-her-face should have gone home for cooking bad food, wasting their limited budget, and having horrible judgment.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

FORT Fogey

I thought Gail was really funny "I like vodka, but I'm not gonna give it to kids..."

I just don't understand her judgement. The sherry had no particular nutritional value, cooking it that way did nothing to make it spectacular or any better than what it would have been. And then her "take one for the team is not in my vocabulary" attitude, that's something you reserve for when you have a REALLY great dish in mind and your team is coming up with terrible ideas IMO.

ITA with you.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3949130;
    I actually heard Kenny try to speak up several times during the planning of the dishes, and he was just roundly ignored. I don't think he should have gone home.

Honestly, I wish Amanda had gone home. She didn't take the challenge into consideration, just making something she liked. She screwed her team over in terms of budget to buy sherry, her dish wasn't appealing, and it was a bad idea. Jacqueline's dish was actually a great idea, she got screwed by Amanda.

Really don't like Kelly.

he said that he doesn't like kenny.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3949025;

What did Angelo say to his partner when they left the stage after he was questioned about throwing the challenge. It was in subtitles but I missed it. I'm dying to know what he said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast